PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (5 Viewers)

Rasputin

Portal Pro
January 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
first thank you for this great plugin!
I works quiet good, but ive got one problem. when i put my computer manualy into hibernate mode, powersheduller doesnt wake him up, if its necessary. by automatical hybernation powersheduller does his job. wheres problem?

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
i attached my tv.log from the tvserver. at first i just started the tv server without tuning to any channel. then i waited some minutes till server goes standby. later i started mediaportal on a client and tried to watch a free channel. but it failed. in the "manuel control" tab in the tv server configuration the dvb-c cards showed ab as n/a.

If you check the device manager in the control panel, are the cards available there? If so, increase the detection delay in TV Server Configuration (General/Application/Delay in seconds...) Also, make sure you are using the legacy firewire driver as stated in the firedtv driver readme.

//W

flow87

Portal Pro
January 15, 2009
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
It seems that this is a problem with the FireDTV tv card (driver). I have the same problems with my FireDTV card - I can't use S3, only S4 (hibernate) as power-saving mode. You should activate Hibernate on your computer and select "Hibernate" as standby mode in the PS++ configuration (Standby/Wakeup tab).

Michael

If you check the device manager in the control panel, are the cards available there? If so, increase the detection delay in TV Server Configuration (General/Application/Delay in seconds...) Also, make sure you are using the legacy firewire driver as stated in the firedtv driver readme.

//W

I just set in the advanced tuning options the idle state from "stop card" to "pause card" - no change. I'll checkWbunaarf's advice first

flow87

Portal Pro
January 15, 2009
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
At First:
i read in another board that changig the driver to "Texas Instruments OHCI" might help. I did that before - but my error was still there. I havent switched back to the recommended driver yet.

Now i tried using "S4 only" (Texas Instruments OHCI driver) - error is still there

So i took some screenshots. At first from the tv server configuration. here you can see the error.

Unbenannt.JPG

And second from the device manager. everything looks quite fine here i think

Unbenannthh.JPG

next ill check what if i use the recommended firewire driver

---- edit 25th february 2012 00:13 ---
I tested s4 only with the recommendeded driver and my problem is still alive

---- edit 25th february 2012 00:20 ---
I cant find where to set up the tuners initiliaze delay in tv server configuration. can someone tell me ??

Which FireDTV Driver should i use? Would it help to switch the OS to vista or XP ?

---- edit 25th february 201210:41 ---
I reproduced the error. Then I went to the TV Server Configuration / Manual Control and restarted the Service - but the error is still there. Seems like only a reboot is helping

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
So i took some screenshots. At first from the tv server configuration. here you can see the error.

[screenshot removed]

And second from the device manager. everything looks quite fine here i think

[screenshot removed]

Good. This shows that the cards were detected but that it probably took longer than MP waited for.

I cant find where to set up the tuners initiliaze delay in tv server configuration. can someone tell me ??

I already did, but:

tvserver.png

Which FireDTV Driver should i use? Would it help to switch the OS to vista or XP ?

5.7 is the latest (and probably last) so use that one.I would personally /not/ switch to an older version of Windows.

Just to be complete:

controlpanel.png

//W

flow87

Portal Pro
January 15, 2009
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Allright i found the "delay" option and set it to "10". But i dont think that solves the problem cause even restarting the hole service does not. Could you show me a log of your firedtv supporttool? i attached my log.

--- edit 25th february 12:13 ---
i checked waking up after setting the tuner initialize delay: that also doesnt solve the problem. I also saw that All tuners are at first shown as n/a:

Unbenannt22.JPG

and after a while the "DVBIP" and "Radiowebstream" tuner show up as in the screenshot posted above. The FireDTV stay "n/a".

So I plan to do the following:
- compare my supporttool log with yours; maybe Ive to change the driver?!
- I read in the dvbviewer board that fireDTVs have Problems with Power-over-Firewire after Standby. So I'll check what if I use the extra power adapter for the firedtv and not use power-over-firewire.
- I also read in the dvbviewer board that Firedtvs have Problems with some PSUs. Im now using a very simple 130w PSU. I'll check with my seasonic 330w one.
- I read in the mce-community.de board that problems can occour because of the firewire cable. Maybe i check with another cable although i dont want to spent any more money on this
- I also read in the mce-community.de board that you have to change the firewire driver to legacy at first and then plug in the firedtv for the first time. maybe Ill do a fresh reinstall of windows 7 32bit
- Maybe I check Vista or XP
- I read that AMD Boards my cause errors. Maybe i check with my intel atom board and pci VIA Firewire card

I also read that its recommended to use Texas Insruments Firewire Controllers. It's a pitty that i havent one. Im not sure about spending money on this!

Any other ideas? Last I can do is sell these cards and buy a digitaldevices duoflex or something like that

Attachments

• supporttool.txt
    1.9 KB

Rasputin

Portal Pro
January 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
first thank you for this great plugin!
I works quiet good, but ive got one problem. when i put my computer manualy into hibernate mode, powersheduller doesnt wake him up, if its necessary. by automatical hybernation powersheduller does his job. wheres problem?
any idea?

flow87

Portal Pro
January 15, 2009
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
How do you put your computer into hibernate "manually" ?
What's the event you describe as "necessary" to wake up the computer?

Please post your config and your logs.

--- edith 25th february 2012 18:17 ----
strange that the supporttool show that im using driver 5.0 although i installed 5.7 N

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Allright i found the "delay" option and set it to "10". But i dont think that solves the problem cause even restarting the hole service does not. Could you show me a log of your firedtv supporttool? i attached my log.

The delay might need to be set higher in your case. But, are you saying that even though the cards are detected and show up fine in the device manager they aren't available in MP even if you restart the TV service?

//W

Attachments

• firedtvsupport.txt
    1.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom