PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

kleira

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Hückelhoven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Daniel,

please try follwing:
    - start TV Server Configuration
    - open the plugin "PowerSheduler++"
    - switch to "Expert Mode"

1373.png

- go to tap "Network"
    - enable "Do not put the computer to....
    - now please try whitch transfer rate you need, so that the server go not into standby while watching pictures or playing games

1378.png

regards
    Ralf

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Ralf,

does this prevent standby if i stream videos from NAS (not htpc) or watching photos from NAS?
    Do you know, what i mean?

Thanks alot

Daniel

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Cojun:
    The Tv-Server stays online as long as a client is connected. If this does not work, you should send your debug logs.

If you have problems with the client going to sleep while watching photos ect. You should have a look to PS config on the client. Is the plugin enabled?

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this problem is solved. I deactivated the network activity in PS and now the server is up until a client is running.
    But now i am fighting against "Video continuity errors". A very strange problem wich i will discuss in an other thread.

Thanks to all for the help

Daniel

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Daniel,

please try follwing:
    - start TV Server Configuration
    - open the plugin "PowerSheduler++"
    - switch to "Expert Mode"

1373.png

- go to tap "Network"
    - enable "Do not put the computer to....
    - now please try whitch transfer rate you need, so that the server go not into standby while watching pictures or playing games

1378.png

regards
    Ralf
    Hi,having similar issues.have followed set up as above, ticking do not put computer to sleep when network is active,set 20kbs, standby also handled by powerscheduler.mediaportal goes into standby,it's almost like it doesn't know the network is active?.Only been having problems in the last week

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i fixed this issue on a very strange way.
    I setup PowerScheduler like "Do not go into standby while network activity" and set 2 KB/s as minimum.
    Because the server was always going into sleep with this setup while i do NOT watching TV, more watching videos from my NAS or listening video from my NAS, i put a PING.BAT in the autostart of each client. Each time the client starts, the PING.BAT is starting and preventing the server going to sleep.
    If anyone needs more explanation, please ask ...

Daniel

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi,

i fixed this issue on a very strange way.
    I setup PowerScheduler like "Do not go into standby while network activity" and set 2 KB/s as minimum.
    Because the server was always going into sleep with this setup while i do NOT watching TV, more watching videos from my NAS or listening video from my NAS, i put a PING.BAT in the autostart of each client. Each time the client starts, the PING.BAT is starting and preventing the server going to sleep.
    If anyone needs more explanation, please ask ...

Daniel
    Sounds like something I could try,please could you explain in more detail?

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    I have attached logs, if anyone can help.mediaportal not recognising any network activity even though i am streaming from tversity

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have attached logs, if anyone can help.mediaportal not recognising any network activity even though i am streaming from tversity
    I noticed about a week ago that the network monitor was being ignored. A litte googling of text in the error log led to an answer.
    Run an admin command prompt, and type in "lodctr /R" and reboot once it's done. It resets the performance counters, I don't know what they are or what they do or even if it is safe to do this, but it worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom