PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (2 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Input fields are not accessible / visible

Is there a xml-Sheet somewhere what i can adapt to my screen resolution and text size?
No, the settings are in the sql database (tags "PowerScheduler...").
You have these options:
  • If you have Win7 or Vista you should uncheck the "Windows XP style scaling (DPI)" in "ControlPanel - Display - User defined text size (DPI)" and only set the percentage.
  • You can edit the values in the database (not recommended)
  • You can update to PS++ 1.2.5.9 alpha which accepts other settings than 96 DPI

Michael

Mac101

January 13, 2012
Hi,

I'm having a few resume issues with a server and single client setup. Hopefully someone will have been there, done that, got the t-shirt, in terms of finding a solution.

Client is woken up from standby, which triggers a wol packet to be sent to the server. The server wakes up. MP comes to life on the client, however going into TV from the home screen causes the client to freeze for 30 seconds or more before staggering into life and carrying on.

Also, tuning to the first channel, (Dvb T), takes so long it appears to have crashed. Some time later the switch by the tv will start flashing madly and everything will be fine.

I assume its that the server hasn't resumed from its standby quickly enough before the client is asking for data.

With the sever on constantly, there doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

I was hoping that PowerScheduler++ might have a way to deal with this situation? Or, someone might have a bit more experience than I do.

Any more info needed, just let me know.

Thanks for any replies

Mac101

Latest version of MP on both machines. Vista on client. 7 on server. Hard wired network.

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

PowerScheduler(++) has nothing to do with waking up a server with a WOL packet. It just notices the wakeup and checks when the system is allowed to go to standby again. But you could try the PS(++) option to reinitialize the TV controller on wakeup. Maybe it helps...

Michael

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.1 stand allone possible?

Hi,

I search a powerscheduler as stand alone version for my homeserver environment. There are a lot of wol solutions waking up PC. I need a solution for preventing standby watching serveral event e.g processes, network shares, network traffic.

Would it be possible to install this plug in as Stand allone version?
If not togheter with tv server?
Is there a sql installaton neccessary because tV server installation needs a database? De installation of SQL after TV server installation?!

I will only use the power scheduler plugin in no tv server functionality.

Thanks!

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi

I don't know if it helps but in the past I used Eventghost to prevent standby.
Eventghost is a tool with which you can do many things but building small scripts (with a graphical interface or by scripting with python language).

For example you could say:
- If program is started prevent from standby. If it is closed allow standby again
- If button is pressed on remote start program / send network messages / prevent standby / show text on your screen /...

Basically it gives you much more than that. You can create many scripts by combining triggered events (i.e. program starts / windows comes out of standby / network message is received / ... ) with actions ( start program / show something / do something / ... ).

Perhaps it helps even if it is a little bit out of scope. I love this tool and use it in many different situations.

In your situation you can use it for preventing / allowing standby, sending Wake-On-LAN commands, hibernating / stutting down the htpc, and and and ...

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

Hi

I don't know if it helps but in the past I used Eventghost to prevent standby.
Eventghost is a tool with which you can do many things but building small scripts (with a graphical interface or by scripting with python language).

For example you could say:
- If program is started prevent from standby. If it is closed allow standby again
- If button is pressed on remote start program / send network messages / prevent standby / show text on your screen /...

Basically it gives you much more than that. You can create many scripts by combining triggered events (i.e. program starts / windows comes out of standby / network message is received / ... ) with actions ( start program / show something / do something / ... ).

Perhaps it helps even if it is a little bit out of scope. I love this tool and use it in many different situations.

In your situation you can use it for preventing / allowing standby, sending Wake-On-LAN commands, hibernating / stutting down the htpc, and and and ...

Hi

the programm is not easy to use, can the programm run as a service on a fiole server

I need the following rules,

if network share is accesses > prevent standby
if networktraffic is > 25% > prevent standyby
if process x active prevent standby

Is this possible?

nabster

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
Leicester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello all Upgraded to the latest PS and all is kinda of well system sleeps and wakes up fine for recordings but i have an issue whereby the system goes to sleep after finishing other tasks for example when a playing video or listening to music which goes over the scheduled sleep time (10min) as soon as it finishes the system goes to sleep, bit strange as never had any probelms with early versions and nothing has changed in my win7 settting.

Forgot to add this also happens when i manually stop a video with remote the system goes straight into standyby.

Thanks in advance for any help.

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.x

Hello all Upgraded to the latest PS and all is kinda of well system sleeps and wakes up fine for recordings but i have an issue whereby the system goes to sleep after finishing other tasks for example when a playing video or listening to music which goes over the scheduled sleep time (10min) as soon as it finishes the system goes to sleep, bit strange as never had any probelms with early versions and nothing has changed in my win7 settting.

Forgot to add this also happens when i manually stop a video with remote the system goes straight into standyby.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Please send logs of the situation.

Michael

technick

Portal Pro
May 6, 2009
Home Country
France France
Hi,

I have 2 questions:

- Is it possible to stop play before goes sleeping ? When computer resume I see the last picture before goes sleeping, it make not really pro ;-)

- When I use the restart of TV service, the last "imon.exe" (soungraph) Crash. It seem that this option has a action on all USB devices, I'm wrong ? (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...chscreen-plugin-92354/index13.html#post833819 and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...chscreen-plugin-92354/index13.html#post835534)

Technick

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just recently installed PS++ and am just having a few issues. I have set it to machine type of "HTPC" and tried seeing how I got on.

I have a few problems, it SEEMS ok when watching TV, but if I watch stuff from OnlineVideos the machine will go to sleep sometimes while the video is still playing etc... I also have problems similar to what nabster says.

When playing OnlineVideo's is this recognised by PS++ as content being played? because this is where I appear to have most of my problems.

I will try a bit more fiddling about to see if I can get it working as wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom