PowerScheduler++ test versions (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.12 (RC2)

With the release of MediaPortal 1.2.0 beta I have to split up development of PowerScheduler++ in two branches because of the new plugin compatibility check:
  • A stable version for MP 1.1.x (including 1.2. alpha) - Version number 1.1.3.0
  • A beta version for MP 1.2. beta, which is not compatible with MP 1.1 and will be adapted to the further development of MP 1.2 - Version number 1.1.7.0 up to 1.2.0.0 (1.1.7 is the internal version number of MP 1.1.2 beta)
The last four of the features listed are already implemented in the current PS++ version; the first issue does not apply. I will check the others before releasing the next version(s) of PS++, but from a first quick view I do not think they are relevant for PS++.

Michael

maurilloh

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.12 (RC2)

Hi to all!

I'm italian and I don't speak english so well so please be patient :)

I have an idea to improve the powerscheduler plugin (if no one have just asked for it):p :

wake up the pc based upon google calendar event (for example). My idea is that the plug in read and import the appointment (based on words that the user wants).

I think this improvement thinking about to import in google calendar American Tv show and let the pc wake up from stand-by and download the tv show (with torrent or other program) automatically, then with subtitle downoader download the subtitle and have all ready when i return home :cool:.

Thank you for this great plugin!:D

Mauro

Kariya

Portal Member
February 20, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.12 (RC2)

Hi,

I just installed the PowerScheduler++ von my single-seat MP Version 1.1.3 (on Windows XP) but the system doesn't go to sleep mode after 5 minutes. It only goes to sleep mode when I press the power button on my remote.
I already tried HTPC and Desktop profile and went through the documentation but I did not realize anything that I missed.
Do I need to uninstall/deactivate the "normal" PowerScheduler that comes along MP Version 1.1.3?

Thanks and Regards,
Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

The question is: ¿if i configured it for today it has to launch EPG grabbing wake up today or do i have to wait a week for next monday?

Thanks again and again!!:D

EDIT: I have tried again with same results. The HTPC waked up for grabbing EPG at 14:20, later i configured it to do a reboot (in the same day but later time) and in the logs it prepares the reboot for next week's same day, but not for today. ¿Is this normal?
Reboot is only done once a day, independent of manual reboot (power on) or PS++ triggered reboot. So if you started your system from power off, there will be no more automatic reboot on that day. To verify this, have a look at the tv.log; PS++ logs the date and time of the last system start when the reboot handler is started.

Michael

...It seems to handle the wake up part of my setup correctly, but never seems to send it back into standby when nothing is supposed to be happening - I have to do this via the power buton or the start menu.
Your system is permanently grabbing EPG - that's the reason why it won't go to standby. You should optimize you EPG grabber settings to keep the time for EPG grabbing as short as possible or deselect the checkbox on the PS++ EPG tab, that you do not want to prevent standby while grabbing EPG.
...However, it has now failed to wake up for any recordings today, as far as I can tell - this is the 2nd time that this has happened.
The reason why your system did not wakeup at 17:10 for recording is that when you started it at around 15 o'clock there was a database error that terminated the tvserver process. I have no idea what is the cause for this database problem. There were some database changes with the last versions of MP... If it happens more than once you should probably reinstall MP with the delete database option (export everything before) and do a clean reinstall.
BTW: You should update your PS++ version, because version 1.2.0.11 is a bit buggy.

Michael

Hi to all!

I'm italian and I don't speak english so well so please be patient :)

I have an idea to improve the powerscheduler plugin (if no one have just asked for it):p :

wake up the pc based upon google calendar event (for example). My idea is that the plug in read and import the appointment (based on words that the user wants).

I think this improvement thinking about to import in google calendar American Tv show and let the pc wake up from stand-by and download the tv show (with torrent or other program) automatically, then with subtitle downoader download the subtitle and have all ready when i return home :cool:.

Thank you for this great plugin!:D

Mauro
PowerScheduler++ is a plugin for MediaPortal to support MediaPortal TV server's standby and wakeup abilities. I do not want to develop it into a Windows scheduling tool. BTW: I am pretty sure you will find what you are looking for by searching the net... :sorry:

Michael

...but the system doesn't go to sleep mode after 5 minutes. It only goes to sleep mode when I press the power button on my remote.
Do I need to uninstall/deactivate the "normal" PowerScheduler that comes along MP Version 1.1.3?l
Please send logs - otherwise I would need a glass bowl to help you...;)
PowerScheduler++ overwrites the original PowerScheduler when it is installed, so there is no way to uninstall / deactivate it. If you still see the original PowerScheduler plugin in your MP configuration or TV server configuration, something went wrong with the installation.

Michael

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
November 7, 2009
Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.12 (RC2)

Reboot is only done once a day, independent of manual reboot (power on) or PS++ triggered reboot. So if you started your system from power off, there will be no more automatic reboot on that day. To verify this, have a look at the tv.log; PS++ logs the date and time of the last system start when the reboot handler is started.
So i deduce that this is the way EPG works too (when EPG wake up is launched once a day, there won't be any more EPG grabbing launches in the same day although i configured later one)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Version 1.2.0.12 (RC2)

So i deduce that this is the way EPG works too (when EPG wake up is launched once a day, there won't be any more EPG grabbing launches in the same day although i configured later one)
It's exactly the same, since I took the code from EPG grabbing and modified it not to grab EPG but to reboot. The only difference is that the last system start time is taken as time of the last reboot.

Michael

Kariya

Portal Member
February 20, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany

...but the system doesn't go to sleep mode after 5 minutes. It only goes to sleep mode when I press the power button on my remote.
Do I need to uninstall/deactivate the "normal" PowerScheduler that comes along MP Version 1.1.3?l
Please send logs - otherwise I would need a glass bowl to help you...;)
PowerScheduler++ overwrites the original PowerScheduler when it is installed, so there is no way to uninstall / deactivate it. If you still see the original PowerScheduler plugin in your MP configuration or TV server configuration, something went wrong with the installation.

Michael

Please find attached my MediaPortal Logs.

Thanks a lot!

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

Please enable extensive logging in PS++ client and server plugins and set logging level to "Debug" in MP config tool. Then send logs again.

Michael

Kariya

Portal Member
February 20, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany

Please enable extensive logging in PS++ client and server plugins and set logging level to "Debug" in MP config tool. Then send logs again.

Michael

I found the extensive logging flag but where can I change the logging level in MP config?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom