problem adding a movie (1 Viewer)

anony

Portal Pro
January 3, 2009
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but I noticed one of my movies is not being matched despite having the same name as IMDB and themoviedb, followed by a space and the year in brackets. If this happens, what should I do?

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi anony when this happen, just add the imdb database code in the file name. This code is in the internet adresse bar when you look at the movie details.

For Example. Dark knight, I'll name my file, The.Dark.Knight.FRENCH.x264-1080p-tt0468569.mkv

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Or you can just go into the config screen and manually approve the correct match (or search if it's not listed). The system is designed so that you should never have to rename your files. If you are unfamiliar with how the importer works check out this wiki article.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you can not close MediaPortal (say wife will not let you, because she is watching her shows), then you can also find all this information inside the log file, which you can view with MediaPortal running. I use concurrent RDP myself, but another solution is to 'share' the LOG folder.

Start Menu -> All Programs -> MediaPortal -> User Files

Windows Explorer will then open and you will see a "log" folder. Right click it and share this on your network.

Then from another system you can navigate to \\MEPO-BOX\log and open movingpictures.log file. Open it in notepad and you want to look for:

MovieImporter]: No exact match for​

You do need to have MediaPortal configuration set to 'Debug' for log verbosity level then if memory serves me. It is also possible to batch-script this via:

Code:
    @Echo Off
    find "MovieImporter]: No exact match for " [URL='https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/file://\\MEPO-Box\log\movingpictures.log']\\MEPO-Box\log\movingpictures.log[/URL]
    pause

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically picked up the other movie.
    Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically...
    I added 3 movies, out of the 3 it picked up 2 and imported. I restarted MP multiple times but it still wouldn't pick it up. Added 2...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Oooh! Ok thanks. I am old age 75, and don't know anything about Computers, I just like watching old movies and TV shows, Thats why Media Portal2 and kodi are great for old age pensioners. I have given up driving its too complicated nowerdays and may give up on computers they are advancing so quickly. Thanks for links my neighbour...
    Oooh! Ok thanks. I am old age 75, and don't know anything about Computers, I just like watching old movies and TV shows, Thats why...
    Scrapers find and Index Movie Serials in Medial Portal2 & Kodi But still don't Show Chapter Numbers or Chapter title if applicable...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom