[confirm] Problem playing recorded TV in RC2 (1 Viewer)

Golf4

Portal Pro
August 18, 2006
Dunkeldeutschland
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Problem playing recorded TV in RC2

The problem is there again with RC3.
I am the only one?
G4

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

me too - as long as i don't exchange the core.dll with a debug version

Bernardo71

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2008
    @disaster

could you post the fixed core.dll for the RC3 as well ?

I am facing the issue on my W7 64 system as well with an NVIDIA graphics card and just installed your disaster edition hoping that the fix would be contained which seems not to be the case.

would really appreciate your help here.

Regards
    B71:D

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@arion
    can you please have again a look into this. It seems that there might be a lot more people having this problem.

I've tested another thing:
    - trying to start a running recording through recording section - doesn't work
    - start the same running recording through tv-guide => works

there must be a different in loading tsreader in these both cases

Bernardo71
    attached

Attachments

• Core.zip
      1 MB

Bernardo71

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2008
    Works like a charm.
    I did exchange the default core.dll with your fixed one and the issue is immediately gone and the system is stable again.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

As far as I can read it here only the 64bit W7 Versions seem to be affected by it and I´d like to urge the MP development team to include the fix into RC4 or final release to avoid a required bypass solution.

Thanks for the great work you are doing.
    It is really amazing how my system landscape has evolved during the last 2 years.

Kind regards
    B71

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Bernardo71
    the problem is there is still no fix. To use a debug core.dll this is more like an ugly hack.

Bernardo71

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2008
    Well... if you can "hack & fix" the issue....without loosing stability.... why not making it a feature for the time beeing and pull this core.dll when a 64bit W7 system is detected until the issue is solved in the core ?

Somehow you have been able to identify the workaround...so somehow I´d hope this will be pulled into the standard delivery to avoid that you will have to provide this fix for RC4 as well. (it took me 2 weeks to find this solution and I am sure there are others "out" there which have not yet found this solution)

Regards
    B71

pgroe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does someone know, if the problem is fixed in stable version?

If not, dies somebody has a debug version of the Core.dll in the stable version?

Greets, pgroe

gyring_eddy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For what it's worth upgrading to RC3 solved my original problem. Since then I've reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit and done a clean install of 1.1.0 final. Everything is working fine, but I still have no idea what went wrong. It may be a combination of broken/incompatible directshow filters, W7 64 and particular MP versions.

I now have only CCCP 2009-09-09 installed (I know it's a codec pack, but it's a covenient way of getting stable versions of FFDShow, Haali splitter and VSFilter), and I'm using the Microsoft DTV decoder for everything within MP. The only problem I have now is poor audio sync in .mp4 videos, but that's another thread.

Good luck all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom