Problem with streaming (1 Viewer)

resa

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
the sunny side.
Home Country
Germany Germany
dunno why complaining bout small CPUs... i am using an E6500 streaming to an Galaxy Note with ffmpg HQ actually... i can stream Live-TV SD-Channels without problems as well as XviD, DivX and 720p mkv's, only Live-TV HD-Channels lags a bit sometimes .... but i can live with that..

for the lulz.. i can use my second card (or some channels in the same transponder on the same card) and watch another TV-Channel simultaneously on my single-seat without any performance-issues, so i am totally fine with that...

Maybe my SAF-Setup enables Cuda for stream encoding? But my Graphics isn't that big too... Maybe i save some extra ressources due to using still XP? Ah.. and sure... i am using the WLAN-Channel with less as possible interferences...

Anyway...

But i have to complain on another issue.. every time i restarts the HTPC i have to manually stop and restart the MPExtended Service within its GUI to connect properly to the TV-Service from the Phone to stream Live-TV (errormessage on phone says "der objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine objektinsanz festgelegt") ... EPG and all other functions (TV-Series, Videos, Moving Pictures, even Stream an Video and even the remote) are operating well without restarting the service...

Fixed, reserved and dedicated IP is set as well as open ports 4332 and 8017, but at all, it doesn't matters if firewall iss deactivated or not...

Has someone an hint on that issue for me?

Another issue is ... that i can't stream music directly, i am only able to download music to the phone, but that is maybe an player-config issue on my phone wich i was to dumb to find out until now ;)

regard
resa

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Could the issue be that MPExtended is starting before TVServer?

J.

resa

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    the sunny side.
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and sorry for late reply...

I have added an REG_Multi_SZ DependOnService = TVService to the MPExtended-Service and it seems to work now. But i will have an further sceptic eye on that issue too ;)

It is a sad thing, that MPExtended don't add this Registry-Value itself within the setup...

Thanks a lot for the hint ;)

regards
    resa

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi all,

I now have a 10.1" (1280x800) Android tablet running ICS (4.0.4), but I can not getting any streaming content to start.

I have tried the internal player, MX Pro, ES Player - but nothing works - the players just spin...but when I stop the player the screen updates to show the frame it stopped at - so it appears content is being sent, but might not be in a format that can be displayed??

My HTPC is running MP 1.2.3 with MPE 0.4.3

I have attached the log file.

Which file controls/contains the setting for VLC/ffmpeg?

Thanks,

J.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

A bit more info that I'm hoping might help someone to solve my problem..... :)

aMPDroid is working ok to a Motorola Xoom 2 tablet.

If I copy an episode local to my tablet it plays ok.

Speedtest shows 5Mbps down

Cheers,

J.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I have "fixed" my issue...

It appears my tablet did not like using H/W decoding to play the streamed content. :(

I switched the player to use S/W decoding and it plays fine :)

J.

Jovi

Portal Member
    October 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello !

My HTPC is running MP 1.2.3 with MPE 0.4.3. OS (Win7 64bit Enterprice)
    - Has TV card
    - Movies & Series are mapped network drives from file server located in 1Gb LAN

My issues:
    1. RTSP streaming TV does not work with aMPdroid (Two Android devices tested; Tablet with 4.1.1 & Samsung Galaxy II 4.0.4 CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC2-galaxys2). It works with VLC on my PC desktop.
    - not a big thing as "normal" TV play works

2. Streaming Movie & Series does not work at all. They do play without problems with MediaPortal PC client in HTPC.

Any ideas why and how to fix this?

Logfile from MPE attached. Seems that MPE cannot find video files located in mapped network drives??

Regards,
    -J

Last edited:

Jovi

Portal Member
    October 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks for your reply.

I deleted Series & Movies databases and rescanned infos again with UNC path (like this \\TALIA\Series). It didn't help, streaming is still not working :(

I forgot to tell that I'm using StreamedMP skin (1.7.7.3113) with Moving Pictures (1.3.0.1344) & MP-TV Series (3.3.0.1943) those comes with StreamedMP and I'm using scanning feature of these plugins.

012-10-09 19:21:08.3683 [(11)] WARN: ExtractImage: Source mediatype=TVEpisode provider=6 id=533751 filetype=Content offset=0 path=(unknown) (resolved to path ) doesn't exists
    (<no type>.SyncInvokeExtractImageResized => StreamingService.ExtractImageResized => Images.ExtractImage)
    2012-10-09 19:21:08.5454 [(11)] WARN: Trying to load mediainfo for mediatype=TVEpisode provider=6 id=533751 filetype=Content offset=0 path=(unknown), which doesn't seem to exist
    (StreamingService.GetMediaInfo => MediaInfoHelper.LoadMediaInfoOrSurrogate => MediaInfoWrapper.GetMediaInfo)
    2012-10-09 19:21:08.5454 [(11)] WARN: Failed to load MediaInfo for mediatype=TVEpisode provider=6 id=533751 filetype=Content offset=0 path=(unknown)
    (StreamingService.GetMediaInfo => MediaInfoHelper.LoadMediaInfoOrSurrogate => Log.Warn)
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file.
    at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.MediaInfo.MediaInfoWrapper.GetMediaInfo(MediaSource source)
    at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Code.MediaInfoHelper.LoadMediaInfoOrSurrogate(MediaSource source)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom