PureVisionHD 1080 (3 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yup, that´s due to Recorded TV uses the same OSD as Live TV - and as my layout is to show the Live TV time in that area, it also shows elapsed/time remaining in that area. To change this, it would influence the Live TV OSD - and I think it´s better this way.

You're probably right. I've always found it a bit confusing having elapsed time at the start of the timeline and remaining at the end anyway ;) Not sure what would be more logical but I'm sure there's something (maybe show them both at the end of the timeline with the remaining time in brackets).

That is to enable the coloured buttons in EPG - means enable coloured EPG :p
At least this should be enabled to show the EPG coloured. Just try it out and disable it and then look at the EPG ;)

Thanks, I was looking at the skin settings in MP Config after I posted and it started to make a bit more sense then ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi doveman, please try the attached xml to see whether the issues you reported are solved ;)

If so, I will release a new version PVHD 1080 soon with bugs fixed that escaped during conversion to 1080 as well as some new GFX for OSDs and a (hopefully) nice feature on BasicHome :p

Attachments

• common.play.xml
      5.7 KB
    Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi catavolt,

Found a couple of other issues ;)

With PVHD1080 and OnlineVideos, on the Manage Sites screen I can't move from the list of sites to the sidemenu. It opens but it's not possible to move onto it. This doesn't happen with PVHD768.

With both PVHD1080 and PVHD768, mvcentral appears in both Videos and Music. I'd put it just under Music myself.

With a station playing with RadioTime, on the Now Playing screen I have the VU meters (analog) displaying and one or the other keeps flickering and disappearing from the screen momentarily.

I'm also struggling with using Themes ;)

I copied PVHD Blue to PVHD Clean and edited myvideo.xml to disable the animated curtains but after switching to that theme from Settings - General, it didn't copy the modified file to the main PVHD1080 folder and naturally the curtains weren't disabled. I then copied the file manually and that worked but then I found the animated curtains were enabled for other screens in myvideotitle.xml, so again I edited that in PVHD Clean and that hasn't been copied over either. I tried switching from PVHD1080 to PVHD and back as well as switching Theme.

Actually, looking at it again, it seems perhaps it's not meant to copy the files but just to use whatever files are in the Theme folder on top of the ones in the main folder but that didn't seem to be working for those two files. In PVHD Clean, I've tracked down all instances of animated curtains now and removed them and I think it's done the trick, although I'll have to copy those two files from PVHD Blue to the main folder to make sure it's not just working because I copied the files from the PVHD Clean folder.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi doveman, first of all big THX for your findings :D
    With PVHD1080 and OnlineVideos, on the Manage Sites screen I can't move from the list of sites to the sidemenu. It opens but it's not possible to move onto it.
    Fixed ;)
    With both PVHD1080 and PVHD768, mvcentral appears in both Videos and Music. I'd put it just under Music myself.
    Yup, seems the best to let them both only in Music ;) - will fix ;)
    With a station playing with RadioTime, on the Now Playing screen I have the VU meters (analog) displaying and one or the other keeps flickering and disappearing from the screen momentarily.
    Bug in SkinEngine - don´t know when devs fix it ;)
    I'm also struggling with using Themes ;)

I copied PVHD Blue to PVHD Clean and edited myvideo.xml to disable the animated curtains but after switching to that theme from Settings - General, it didn't copy the modified file to the main PVHD1080 folder and naturally the curtains weren't disabled. I then copied the file manually and that worked but then I found the animated curtains were enabled for other screens in myvideotitle.xml, so again I edited that in PVHD Clean and that hasn't been copied over either. I tried switching from PVHD1080 to PVHD and back as well as switching Theme.

Actually, looking at it again, it seems perhaps it's not meant to copy the files but just to use whatever files are in the Theme folder on top of the ones in the main folder but that didn't seem to be working for those two files. In PVHD Clean, I've tracked down all instances of animated curtains now and removed them and I think it's done the trick, although I'll have to copy those two files from PVHD Blue to the main folder to make sure it's not just working because I copied the files from the PVHD Clean folder.
    If you want to get rid of the curtains, you have to edit the respective files in the different theme folders.
    Just editing in Default folder (e.g. PVHD standard) and then copying the changed files to e.g. PVHD Blue will result in wrong colours in PVHD Blue.
    That´s why the PVHD Blue (and Metro) folders include different xmls.
    Horizon uses the files from standard PVHD, just different BasicHome*.xmls and RSS xml.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey catavolt

Thanks for attending to the OnlineVideos and mvcentral bugs :)

I'll keep an eye on the SkinEngine for a fix for that.

If you want to get rid of the curtains, you have to edit the respective files in the different theme folders.
    Just editing in Default folder (e.g. PVHD standard) and then copying the changed files to e.g. PVHD Blue will result in wrong colours in PVHD Blue.
    That´s why the PVHD Blue (and Metro) folders include different xmls.
    Horizon uses the files from standard PVHD, just different BasicHome*.xmls and RSS xml.

It's weird 'cos what I did was copy PVHD Blue to PVHD Clean and edit the files there but I couldn't get it to activate the changes, even though I changed Theme, Skin and even restarted MP. It seems to be working now anyway (I found all the files with the curtains section in) ;)

Is it possible for me to also disable the fade-in, which I guess you designed to enhance the curtain effect? I imagine it's just something I need to edit in the same files but I couldn't see anything obvious.

I found another bug ;)

Sometimes when using the volume control, only the grey blocks appear and not the coloured background.

Most of the time the coloured bar does show but it seems to a solid image now and only the grey bar moves, which looks a bit strange (sorry haven't got a screenshot yet). I don't think PVHD used to do that, otherwise I wouldn't be thinking it looked strange ;)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Catavolt,

Lovely update! (y)

I've spotted a couple of things (three actually) that I don't think have been mentioned before (sorry if they have).

They relate to Purevision 1080.

1. Radio Guide doesn't appear to work for me (see attached). Have you seen this before? Works fine in DefaultWide.

2. The "Studios Value" text width can overlap the coverart image in some cases (see attached). Changing the value from <width>787</width> to <width>655</width> in DialogVideoInfo.xml fixes it nicely :) .

3. In "Settings > General" the "Start in fullscreen mode" label overlaps the selection indicator (see attached). BTW this happens in DefaultWide too (at least for me).

Thank you for all your hard work on this and the new DefaultWide skin!:cool:

All the best,

Mick.

Attachments

• Radio_Guide.jpg
      Radio_Guide.jpg
      90.7 KB
    • Settings_General.jpg
      Settings_General.jpg
      110 KB
    • Studio_Label.jpg
      Studio_Label.jpg
      206.9 KB

lebovitz

Portal Member
    January 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Catavolt,

Thanks for all of your effort on this skin. I just love it.

One thing though - from what I understand at the moment FTR is not working with your skin. Since you don't plan to check if it's working, would you please remove it from the "supported plugins" section. Just so other people won't stumble on this issue in the future.

BTW - you previously said that you don't support FTR since they don't release the plugin in MPEI format. I wonder if "Moving Pictures" is released in this format, and if not - are you planning not to support it as well.

No offense meant (if it was understood this way).

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi lebovitz, may be a bit of misunderstanding here - I´d like to support, but I must do it "blind" because of the constraints 4TR has (own Tv plugin etc.) I won´t install it here to keep a clean MP installation.
    I´m hoping that users will provide me with feedback which skin xmls are needed and give some screenshots so I can adjust them ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom