PureVisionHD 1080 (2 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi doveman, just installed and tried that version - MP crashes like hell, 1 MB error.log full of MyFilms errors - Deinstalled - lost interest :(
    In DefaultWide it blocks the topbar and other funny things...

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi catavolt,

hmm, that's bad :(

I didn't have any crashes with it and nothing in the error.log either, just got a warning that it needs v1.1 skinfiles and I only had 1.0. I didn't test in DefaultWide.

I installed the __MyFilms-V6.0.0.2321-(MP13).zip manually, only because I didn't notice the MyFilms-V6.0.0.2321-(MP13).mpe1 but I guess they should be identical.

If you could report your findings and error.log here I'm sure they'd like to fix the problems ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    here comes the weekend-surprise of this week:
    Please find attached the ZIP file PVHD 1080 Preview.zip
    This file includes the new skin files for MyFilms (tested with latest version MyFilms-V6.0.0.2341-(MP12).mpe1) and Rockstar.
    NEW: Fanart on BasicHome when acessing the menu items for Videos, TVSeries, MovingPictures and Showtimes.
    Also NEW: Fanart on BasicHome when playing music (from Music or Last.FM).
    New buttons for topbar, BasicHome menu and OSDs.

What you can do: Just copy the content of the ZIP file into your PureVisionHD 1080 skin folder (overwriting the existing items).
    What you should do: Create a new skin folder e.g. PureVisionHD 1080 Preview.
    Copy the content of PureVisionHD 1080 into this new skin folder, then copy the content of the ZIP file also into this folder (overwriting the existing items)
    Clear the skin cache.
    Restart MP and enjoy :p
    Waiting for your comments :D

NOTE: With the latest version of MyFilms (see above) I can´t access other views than Films due to an DB error and crashing MP, but this might be because I use a already an internal test build of MP 1.3.0 Beta ;)

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi catavolt

VERY nice weekend-surprise thanks, here's some comments ;)

The Myfilms skins seem fine with 1.3A, I tried the various views with no problem :) I couldn't use List - Big Icons List though as it says the skin doesn't support it. I've never used it before though, so no biggie ;)

Rockstar is not appearing in the Home menu for me and Myfilms still shows as Movies.

I think the new category icons on the Home menu look very nice but I think they could be a bit bigger as they're quite hard to see and there's enough space ;)

I notice Trakt appears in both Videos and Internet and it probably only needs to be in the former.

I wonder if perhaps you could move the Internet and Games categories up to underneath Weather and put Extensions and Settings at the bottom, as the latter won't get used much so it would be nice to have the more commonly used categories all together ;)

I've never noticed before but clicking on the actual Category items opens something except for the Internet and Games one. Obviously with Games it's not really possible to open anything as you won't know what the user wants but perhaps the Internet one could open RSS?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, here we go with the corrected xmls for PureVisionHD 1080 Preview.
    Fixed MyFilms cover view, invisible fast exit buttons in BasicHome and Home screens, reordered menu buttons in BasicHome etc.
    Have fun :D

BTW: I wonder why there are so few downloads of PureVisionHD 1080, the PVHD 1366x786 was downloaded ~ 15000 times in the first 14 days :confused:

Attachments

• PVHD 1080 Preview.zip
      2 MB

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks catavolt. I really appreciate your fast updates as I was hoping to get this HTPC finished for my brother's birthday but now the motherboard's decided it won't power up anymore, so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fix it/replace it in time :cry: So if I'm not asking you for stuff for the next few weeks, that'll be why ;)

Maybe people are waiting for a stable MP1.3 release before upgrading and updating/changing skins??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom