PureVisionHD 1080 (6 Viewers)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There's a blocking bug in MP1.3.0 for me, so I don't use your new skin. But there are a couple of obscure bug-lets that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, so I thought I would bring them up since you're so actively working on the new version. Please excuse if you already are aware of them.

1. The scroll-bars in MovingPictures' list view, and in MP-TVSeries' two list views (when enabled and the lists are long enough to need bars) run right through the middle of the lists. Easy to correct by changing the Offset in the .xml files.

2. A "new" use-case popped-up (literally) while integrating TVWishList into PureVisionHDHorizon. When I added a button to DialogMenu.xml for TVWishList, using the visibility expression the author had used, the button appeared in the context-menu for Recordings. At first, I thought he had a bug in the visibility expression, but now I think record functionality *should* appear there. Say you record a single episode to see if you like it. Then, having watched it, you now wish to record all episodes. Having the record functions present makes it easy to do, while not having them is considerably more difficult.

BTW, TVWishList is great because it fixes the still-present (so I understand) bug in MP 1.3.0 regarding re-recording duplicate episodes. It is complex, but works. Not sure if it's 1.3.0 compatible.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Pat, regarding this one:

"The scroll-bars in MovingPictures' list view, and in MP-TVSeries' two list views (when enabled and the lists are long enough to need bars) run right through the middle of the lists. Easy to correct by changing the Offset in the .xml files."

This happens when using the PVHD 1366x768 skin on Full HD resolution and it´s a bug in the skin engine.
    Therefore I dropped the development of the "old" PVHD and converted it to PVHD 1080 with Full HD resolution instead where these skin engine related misplacings don´t happen any longer.

Regarding the TVWishList I have no clue where the button you talk about should go because I don´t have it installed here ;)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I sorta wondered about scaling issues in #1. Glad it is fixed.

I guess I wasn't clear about #2. What I'm saying is that the normal MP record functions should be made available in the dialog when called from the recordings list. (The stuff about TVWishList was just background.)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess I wasn't clear about #2. What I'm saying is that the normal MP record functions should be made available in the dialog when called from the recordings list. (The stuff about TVWishList was just background.)
    Ah, but that´s not skin related. This has to be done in MP itself ;)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I didn't know that. (Got a lot to learn! I assumed your .dll could cause the functions to be displayed in the listcontrol.)

That makes TVWishList a little more valuable, since it does show up in that dialog. (As a button and not in the listcontrol.) That plugin is poorly named: it really is a replacement for the scheduling functions of MP -- and works.

On another subject: I want to thank you for your efforts in PVHD and its brothers and in the default skins to support mouse usage. I wish others would follow your lead -- a mouse is so much better than a remote. Perhaps you could influence that to happen. At the very least, skin descriptions should indicate whether mice are well-supported: it's annoying to try a skin and find it unusable with a mouse. Also, when you get time, exercise your skills and write a plugin to support clicking on a timeline to skip!!! :)

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    by Pat Clark: On another subject: I want to thank you for your efforts in PVHD and its brothers and in the default skins to support mouse usage. I wish others would follow your lead -- a mouse is so much better than a remote. Perhaps you could influence that to happen. At the very least, skin descriptions should indicate whether mice are well-supported: it's annoying to try a skin and find it unusable with a mouse. Also, when you get time, exercise your skills and write a plugin to support clicking on a timeline to skip!!! :)

Couldn't agree with you more, thanks Catavolt, this is the only skin I can find that operates nicely with a mouse

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    please find enclosed the final preview of PureVisionHD 1080 V 5.4.
    There where a lot of changes and bugfixing (e.g. new GFX for buttons and lists).
    Fanart is now generally supported on BasicHome when accessing the menu items Videos, TVSeries, MovingPictures and Showtimes.
    There is also fanart for the actual played music title (including fanart from Last.FM and Radios)
    If you use LatestMediaHandler the fanart for the selected latest added media is shown (for Videos, TVSeries, MovingPictures and MyFilms).
    There were also changes for the display of the media info shown on BasicHome when playing music, depending on whether fanart is available or not.
    Hope you´ll like those changes and awaiting your comments ;)

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi folks,
    please find enclosed the final preview of PureVisionHD 1080 V 5.4.
    There where a lot of changes and bugfixing (e.g. new GFX for buttons and lists).
    Fanart is now generally supported on BasicHome when accessing the menu items Videos, TVSeries, MovingPictures and Showtimes.
    There is also fanart for the actual played music title (including fanart from Last.FM and Radios)
    If you use LatestMediaHandler the fanart for the selected latest added media is shown (for Videos, TVSeries, MovingPictures and MyFilms).
    There were also changes for the display of the media info shown on BasicHome when playing music, depending on whether fanart is available or not.
    Hope you´ll like those changes and awaiting your comments ;)
    Have only done some quick tests on my laptop as a test bed and not many plugins enabled so cannot test much. I do like what I can see and so far the only thing I can comment on is on going to the music button the home screen it says "Last Played", should this be "Recently added" ?
    Anyway thanks for all your work, you are still the only one I've found who has got Sudoku working properly, on the other skins I've tried the numbers are impossible to read. Cheers

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi catavolt

Looks good, I like the bigger Home menu icons (y)

I still don't get Rockstar showing in the Music menu though. It shows if I go to Root Menu.

Mediaslayer doesn't appear anywhere either (again it does in Root Menu). As this is a tool that can be used for both CD (music) and DVD (video) ripping, perhaps it would best go under Extensions but it's up to you of course ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom