United Kingdom United Kingdom

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, so I have recently discovered the PureVisionHD Horizon Skin - I gotta say that I absolutely love it. Smooth, clean, and very well designed skin. I just have a couple questions about it.

1) I actually tried out all of the PureVisionHD skins, but noticed that only the PVHD Blue had a shortcut to BasicHome editor. Is this an app that is only available to PVHD Blue, or does it also exist in Horizon?
    2) Assuming the answer to the above is that Horizon doesn't have one, I am trying to add support for a couple plugins to Horizon. I saw earlier in this thread that SupportedPlugins.xml should be edited to add support for MultiShortcut, but I didn't see that file anywhere. Where should I look to be able to find this file in order to add support for additional plugins?
    3) I was unable to find a "Plugins" section on the MP GUI like most other skins have. This prevents any of the plugins I have installed from being able to be "in plugins" section. Is this something that is only available in classic home? (I am using basic home, for the record).

Thanks in advance for the help!!

-Steve

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems you use an old version of PVHD Horizon - and no, there is no Editor.
    Normally you´ll find all your extensions in Classic Home, but when you choose to put them in "Plugins" in MP Config, then they´ll be found in Classic Home under "Extensions" ;)

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    I grabbed the latest version that is available on the mpei installer (i believe that I was 5.2) is that not the newest version? I have fallen in love with basic home, is there any way to add menu items to it? Even if it is manually through xml files, I am ok with it.

Thanks

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The latest version is a theme in the PVHD 1080 for MP 1.3.x ;)
    Yes, the menu items are in the BasicHomeButtons2xx.xml - if you know a bit of xml and have an editor which highlights the xml structure (like Notepad++), you´ll be able to change them to xour needs ;)

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    I can also confirm that ForTheRecord does not work with the latest version of pvhd 1080. However, I would like to help you make it happen. I recently switched to ftr and would really like to go back to pvhd. What do you think is the best way? Should I try to build the files myself and send you the files, or can we work together somehow to make it work? Which ever is better for you I am fine with.

-Steve

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Wife Comment

The icons on the topbar are too small. She much prefers the ones in the former version.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi catavolt

Not sure if this is a skin or MP bug but sometimes the volume doesn't display at all, although I can still still change the volume with my remote and Windows mixer shows that Mediaportal FullScreen Video is what is being adjusted. This happened in the attached logs when playing the video of True Blood, although it was working fine when playing Breaking Bad just before and started working again when I started LiveTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom