PureVisionHD 1080 (4 Viewers)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Suggestion

Add a clock to the topbar. The clock is very useful in a darkened room where you can't see any real clock and you have to go to work in the morning!

As an experiment, I made a copy of common.time.xml without the weather stuff and included it in topbar. The resulting clock is easily visible against any video background, and appears in the same place when the topbar is used at other times, so it doesn't show up twice.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Been giving this a test drive, and very impressed!

Some points though :-

1) Is there no indicator on screen for when a recording is happening?
    2) Minimized TV overlaps other items at the top right when in other menu screens like Music - don't think there is much can be done about that though!
    3) How do I get latest videos and music to show up? They just have blank boxes - presumably because nothing has been added recently, but would like it to show the last 3 items no matter how old because it will look better than blank boxes!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Catavolt, fantastic work as always. A suggestion for you, I'm using the Horizon skin and just wondered, could you amend the TV Series layout to look something like the attached. I think this is more informative than having to move to the right to read the episode info.

Your thoughts??

Attachments

• tv.jpg
      tv.jpg
      303.6 KB
    Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    FWIW, I don't care for it that way. I was considering suggesting nearly the opposite -- to reduce the width of the list so more of the fan art can be seen. :)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    FWIW, I don't care for it that way. I was considering suggesting nearly the opposite -- to reduce the width of the list so more of the fan art can be seen. :)

Maybe Catavolt could do something that gives the user the option of how they would like it when the skin is installed??

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OFC I could do it with a skin theme, but would that really be an advantage?
    I´d like to keep the overall layout as is, because that´s it what makes PVHD unique :p

Last edited:

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    I appreciate that PVHD is unique and its a fantastic skin however, when you look at other skins, they display the information without having to be asked to. On the other side (before anyone says "go and use one of those skins then"), in my opinion, no other skin looks or feels the way PVHD does and there are a lot of unfinished skins that could have load of potential if they were completed. I appreciate that skins are created by the vision that the designer has in mind but isn't it input from the end user that makes things better??

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I did spend a few minutes (30?) reducing the width of the listview by about half. There is an interesting visual effect. All of a sudden, the fan art takes center stage, and the other things recede into the background. It's all in my head, of course, but with all the lost brain cells, there's plenty of room there. :)

(In some languages that require more space than English, the reduced width for text might be annoying. In English, only a few titles are too long and have to scroll -- perhaps 1 in 20.)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi catavolt

Just found an issue with the search box (in this case opened from OnlineVideos). If I have that open and press a shortcut key (i.e. Home) it goes to the Home screen but leaves the Search input box showing, as seen in this screenshot. I can't find a way to get rid of it, other than close MP!

Attachments

• MP-Search.png
      MP-Search.png
      606.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom