x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Catavolt.

As I mentioned in the default skin background thread, PVHD 5.4 does not intall for me under MP1.3a. It's a new install of Win7 with MP1.3, done about a week ago.

I just created logs, after emptying logs directory before launching MP.

Launched MP, ran extensions plugin, and chose PVHD 5.4. It said it would close Mp to continue. It then proceeded to download (i could see it showing in User temp dir). Once download completes, the file disappears from temp, and MP reloads with no new skin. Nothing skin related in error log.

Any idea what's going wrong for me?

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Another suggestion from "The Pest." :)

I added shadowing to the lyrics text in MyLyrics.xml and it improved the legibility a lot over some backdrops.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi catavolt

Just wanted to check about WorldWeather v0.6.1 (Nightly Build 2012-09-01).zip whether we should put the Skin\DefaultWide files in the PVHD folder. The Media sub-folder should be OK, it's just the .xml files I'm wondering about. I suppose those are what Micropolis is referring to by "copy/replace the reworked icon mapping file to the appropriate directory".

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alex also said: Skin changes are not required" :p
    So just copy the dlls and the language files in it´s proper directories and don´t touch the xmls in PVHD ;)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Alex also said: Skin changes are not required" :p
    So just copy the dlls and the language files in it´s proper directories and don´t touch the xmls in PVHD ;)

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that meant that skin designers (i.e. you) didn't need to do anything extra and we just needed to drop those .xmls in the skin folder :p

So which file is the "reworked icon mapping file"? :confused:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The new WorldWeather version supports AccuWeather instead of Google, which has gone dark.

Anyway, there are several references to Google in WorldWeatherNormalCondition.xml in all themes, which prevents the Forecast column from appearing when AccuWeather is used.

I took the easy way out and just changed all "Google" to "AccuWeather" and now the forecast appears as it should. Google should perhaps be retained instead just in case it comes to life again. Here is an example line after my change, but there are several similar ones to change:
    Code:
          <visible>string.equals(#WorldWeather.View,Condition)+[string.equals(#WorldWeather.ForecastProvider,AccuWeather)|string.equals(#WorldWeather.ForecastProvider,Yahoo)]+string.equals(#WorldWeather.ConditionView,Normal)</visible>

EDIT: A better solution is to copy the World Weather Online section, and change one of the copies to AccuWeather in the same fashion as above. This provides one additional day of Forecast.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    pls find attached the ServicePack for PVHD 1080 including the fixes for the clock not shown in TVGuide and correct support of AccuWeather for new WorldWeather 0.61 ;)
    Just copy (overwrite) the content of ZIP file into your PVHD 1080 skin folder, clear skin cache and restart.
    Have fun ;)

Attachments

• ServicePack PVHD 1080 Clock AccuWeather.zip
      12.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom