catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello folks,
    I reworked the NowPlaying screens (in close cooperation with @kiwijunglist and @Pog), so here a little video showing the new amazing animations (together with some more impressions of PVHD1080) :p
    Hope you´ll like it ;)

Link removed, new link below ;)

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some more (good?) news:
    I´m just finishing the rework of Modern UI.
    Cleaner and nicer (I hope) ;)

00-47-16.jpg 00-48-30.jpg 00-48-40.jpg 00-48-54.jpg 00-49-58.jpg

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And now (tataaaa):
    For all who want to have the amazing animations shown above, the new design of Modern UI and some more goodies, here is the PureVisionHD 1080 6.0 Preview :p
    Also new in this version:
    • Fixed a bug in MyLyrics screen which could cause a crash of MP
    • Full support of new plugin MyWebradio
    • Full support of "Online X" (thanks to @Pog) giving you the opportunity to go directly from the dialog menu to Google, YouTube, IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, TVWishList etc., when the OnX symbol is shown (see screenshots below). Just go left or right to show the OnX menu.
    • New TV background which allow perfect integration of TV/Video live image and recorded tv images (see screenshots below).
    17-06-01.jpg 17-07-03.jpg 17-19-08.jpg 17-19-22.jpg

Just drop the content of the ZIP file into your MP skin directory (overwrite when asked). After that, you must clean the skin cache!
    This ZIP contains all XMLs, but only the new GFX necessary to run this version.
    Have fun!

Attachments

• PureVisionHD 1080 Preview 6.0.zip
      5.2 MB
    Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    And now (tataaaa):
    For all who want to have the amazing animations shown above, the new design of Modern UI and some more goodies, here is the PureVisionHD 1080 6.0 Preview :p

Thanks catavolt, nice refresh of Modern UI :)

I still find the text underneath the icons (and for the Weather) a bit small though. The font used at the top, for the time and date, is much clearer. I guess it's a problem using a bigger font if you want to keep all the icons on one row (at the moment, for me the only row that's full is Settings) but I personally wouldn't mind if they had to spread over two rows in order to enable the use of a bigger font.

I've not heard of Online X before but the only icon I got when I tested it from MovingPictures was Youtube.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I always have to press the right arrow (select "i") to show the thumbs in the Default skin. I was wondering what is a good reason of not showing the thumbs automatically in the left part of the screen without selecting "i"? There is a lot of space on the screen! It would make sense if you don't want to block the IMDB art, but some clips are not listed in IMDB. Maybe make this option configurable?

Attachments

• space.png
      space.png
      2.1 MB
    Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice idea (y). The reason behind this was to not spoil the fanart (PVHD is a fanart-oriented skin) and was accepted by the users when I asked them (anywhere in this thread).
    But making it an option would be the solution for all ;)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes, thank you for your comments. For some people most of their video library are home videos or music clips which are obviously not described at all in IMDB. For those users that empty spot is a waste of space and having to press the remote button a few extra times just to see the thumbnail is not very practical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom