Home Country
    Australia Australia

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi catavolt

I think this issue came up before and you told me it was a MP bug but just in case there's anything you can tweak on your end ;)

Without "Enable Coloured Buttons" enabled for TV, using Modern UI the EPG is all purple! If I turn this option on, it goes back to normal colours.

I tested the other themes and they also have an issue with the EPG where the background shows through, making it harder to read than it should be. If I enable that option, it reduces how much the background shows but it does still show in the gaps and I think it would be better if you could make the EPG always have a solid colour, as it does in Modern UI with that option enabled. Using these other Themes with Standard background pretty much fixes the problem, it's just when using one of the other backgrounds that it shows through. Also, Fade to Gray doesn't allow you to select a background but when opening the EPG, it shows the background that was previously selected in one of the themes that does let you choose.

Otherwise, great job on v6 :)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi doveman,
    this is what you should see in ModernUI, Fade to Gray and Standard when deactivating the EPG colours completely:

17-13-51.jpg 17-15-13.jpg 17-16-10.jpg

This is the fallback to the "original GFX" used before the EPG colouring was implemented into MP.

Also, Fade to Gray doesn't allow you to select a background but when opening the EPG, it shows the background that was previously selected in one of the themes that does let you choose.

Unfortunately this is a bug in MP skin engine when changing themes - not all the skin settings are applied correctly, therefore a wrong background may be displayed (but this is always only the first time you enter a screen, when you enter it the second time, all is correct). We know about it and it will hopefully be fixed in 1.5 ;)

@ all users: Should I put a generic background (even a pure black one) to EPG? What do you think?

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi doveman,
    this is what you should see in ModernUI, Fade to Gray and Standard when deactivating the EPG colours completely:

View attachment 133690 View attachment 133691 View attachment 133692

This is the fallback to the "original GFX" used before the EPG colouring was implemented into MP.

Yep, that's pretty much how it looks here. With Coloured Buttons in TV EPG enabled though, it looks like the attached image which I think is clearer and I prefer:

Unfortunately this is a bug in MP skin engine when changing themes - not all the skin settings are applied correctly, therefore a wrong background may be displayed (but this is always only the first time you enter a screen, when you enter it the second time, all is correct). We know about it and it will hopefully be fixed in 1.5 ;)

I'm afraid it doesn't appear to be working like that here. If I switch from Modern UI to Fade to Gray, I got a green background to the EPG (obviously this was the last colour I selected for one of the other themes that allows changing the background) and it stays like this every time I open the EPG. I've attached shots of it with Coloured Buttons disabled and enabled. I'll attach my logs in a minute in case there's something funky going on that you can see.

@ all users: Should I put a generic background (even a pure black one) to EPG? What do you think?

I'm perfectly happy with how Modern UI looks with Coloured Buttons enabled, so don't make any changes for my sake ;)

Probably the other themes are clear enough with Coloured Buttons enabled as well but as I don't use those themes, then I'll leave it to others who do to tell you what they think.

Attachments

• MP-PV Colours On.png
      MP-PV Colours On.png
      419.4 KB
    • MP-PV Fade-to-grey Colours Off.png
      MP-PV Fade-to-grey Colours Off.png
      1.3 MB
    • MP-PV Fade-to-grey Colours On.png
      MP-PV Fade-to-grey Colours On.png
      1 MB
    Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, I wonder where you got the first screenshot from? Modern UI has no longer blue font colour at all :confused:

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Do you mean the text up the top (TV Guide Group: Main) as I don't see any other blue font anywhere?

I tested with Coloured Buttons on and off and that text looks the same colour, just the background behind the channel names and upcoming programmes changes from Black to Purple.

I deleted the Cache just in case but it hasn't changed anything.

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Might be a silly question but should the CDart scraped by JamiesonUK's scraper appear on music now playiing screen i.e. the rotating CD or is it too soon for this?
    PS Love the new black background:)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Catavolt

I've been having a problem where the EPG text keeps flickering off, leaving only the background, columns, etc.

I've tested and it only seems to affect PVHD1080 and only with "Enable Coloured buttons in TV EPG" enabled. If I disable that option, or switch to Titan, it doesn't seem to happen (except maybe once when I first enter the EPG after switching to Titan but I didn't observe it after that). Switching back to PVHD1080 with that option enabled, it starts happening again immediately.

I know the obvious answer is disable that option but I find the EPG too hard to read without it.

I wonder if it could be related in any way to the analogue clock as Titan doesn't have that on the EPG?

I switched between the skins and toggled that option in the attached logs (around the last 10mins of the log).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom