PureVisionHD 1080 (5 Viewers)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No need for being sorry! After all you do, with such good humor and spirit, we're lucky to have you working for us!

New download seems OK. I did a clean install.

If it is true that the skin engine cannot handle false visibility conditions in the topbar or in a horizontal stack, do you suppose it can be fixed in 1.6 final? There are some cases in the "normal" topbar where the action of a button could be varied, depending on what's happening at the time.

For example, the "|<==" and "==>|" buttons never seem to do anything on my system until I change their action from 14,15 to 20,21. Are 14,15 a holdover from before the addition of auto-skip? What are they supposed to do?

It would be nice if they invoked skip steps for video, and "skip to front or back" for audio.

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
It doesn't say much in English: "audio/video play controls." But those two buttons don't control anything that I see. :confused:

There is an option in Music somewhere to do skip-steps by using the fast forward/rewind buttons. It does work, but odd choice for buttons.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
Ah ha! I got "off track" when I first installed MP some years ago, when I had no playlists. I changed the behavior to 20,21 right away. Then, when I did use audio playlists, the modified skip buttons did nothing there, even though the skip-steps function for music is available somewhere in MP.

So for video, apparently, skip only does something when you're playing a video playlist? (I don't even know how to set up a video playlist.) To me, that's not expected behavior. I wonder how many people would expect it to skip to a chapter mark, or to the end, or something, like a DVD player does.

In any case, and assuming it would work, they're good candidates for visibility conditions which control the action portion of button definitions with the same image. Maybe I'll play around with it. If that wouldn't work, maybe adding a couple more buttons would. (But what image to use -- the one now is ideal.)

Sorry for being off-topic. I'll stop now. :)

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    As there is only one solution: I made a new mpe1 file and uploaded it, so pls dl again (download ::: HERE ::: )
    I´m verysorry for your inconvenience :(:cry:
    This one works fine, thanks for your efforts and don't be sorry, we appreciate your efforts on this amazing skin:)
    I confirm, Ok.
    But now is very difficult to go to exit menu by remote. I must to go to one section without sub menu (ex. Weather menu) to use exit menu.
    Same difficult if i disable new topbar

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Anybody can conform that comskip data is no longer available? I used to see orange bars on the timeline where the commercials are detected when info key is pressed. It was very convenient.

Attached is the part of the screenshot illustrating problem #3 plus ghosting when the top menu is selected.

After upgrade to 6.3.0 (standard):
    1. comskip data no longer available for TV
    2. infobar is intermittently blank
    3 tv selection frame button rolls over the movies button

Attachments

• purevision_630_problem.jpg
      purevision_630_problem.jpg
      42.4 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @greybox: comskip markers were changed for 1.6 Pre Release, so I used the new properties.
    Regarding the button: will have a look ;)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    1. Upgraded to 1.6 Pre, markers are there, thank you! Maybe it makes sense to add to your release notes below that PureVision 6.3.0 is not fully compatible with MP 1.4/1.5? As I know, some people use stable release only.

2. Is it possible to add the markers into the other time bar, the one that appears when you push Pause/Skip buttons?

@greybox: comskip markers were changed for 1.6 Pre Release, so I used the new properties.

Version 6.2
    dated: 28.09.2013

including the skin themes
    Standard, Horizon, Horizon Up!, Modern UI, and Fade to Gray

compatible with MediaPortal 1.4.0 Final/1.5.x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom