PureVisionHD 1080 (16 Viewers)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all. I'm a new {this} skin user. For years I used StreamedMP, but am finding minor glitches starting to appear, on my system, as it hasn't been updated for a couple of years. So...after trialling skins, I settled on this great addition to the MP collection. Top job, Catavolt.

As an habitual customiser, I like to change thihgs to suit my own preferences. To that end, I have some queries I hope someone can assist with.
    Firstly, as a user who is not involved in IT, I sometimes come across areas beyond my ability.

I have already changed certain things within the skin framework, like custom tiles (I find the 'Smart One' theme ideal: at present:D), the background image, and the splashscreen image & position of the loading dialogue -see attached photos.

One thing I really liked about StreamedMP was how it changed the background, when you moved from one tile to the next; ie. from TV Series to Moving Pictures. Is this easily achievable, by the user? If not, can some sort of slideshow be implemented, so the background image changes after a set time, or even upon every MP startup, as I have a number of images I would love to use, without having to manually set them?

I have worked out how to change the default listing, in the topbar.xml, so 'Exit Mediaportal' is set. Also, the reset dialogYes/No.xml to 'Yes'.

The following I'm not even sure if they are skin-related, as the dialogues, within StreamedMP, were similar, or identical.

I have never understood the logic of how certain context menus are set. ie. in the 'episodes' section, if you right-click on a programme, the default listing is '1 Play Recorded TV'. I would like to amend that to 'Delete recorded TV'. It doesn't make sense to list the play option first, as once the TV programme is highligthed, you just press enter; either on your remote, or keyboard.

So, as is shown, in the photo, can I either swap lines 1 & 2 around, or failing that, change the default to 'Delete recorded TV'?

The same with TV Guide context menu. Can the lines, or defaults, be readily adjusted.

I have attempted to locate the relevant *.xml files, but am unable to determine where to look.

Thanks once again for a great skin.

PS. if anyone finds any of the attached images in breach of any DRM, etc. let me know.
    PPS. you might have noticed I am a bit of a sci-fi fan:cool:

Attachments

• Splashscreen-Rotation.jpg
      Splashscreen-Rotation.jpg
      597.5 KB
    • Change Episodes Context Default.jpg
      Change Episodes Context Default.jpg
      282.6 KB
    • Alter TVGuide Context Menu.jpg
      Alter TVGuide Context Menu.jpg
      343.4 KB
    • Homescreen.jpg
      Homescreen.jpg
      387.5 KB
    Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have never understood the logic of how certain context menus are set.
    The list of choices in a context menu is hard-coded in the skin engine, and cannot be controlled by the skin xml files (I too have wanted to control the content of context menus). Only the styling aspects of the context menu (and other pop-ups) can be controlled by the xml file. :(

For some context menus, the actual choices displayed depends on the circumstances, which would make control by the skin xml file difficult. Example: in the TV EPG, the context menu for a programme that is on now has eight choices, whereas the context menu for the programme that is on next has nine choices.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One thing I really liked about StreamedMP was how it changed the background, when you moved from one tile to the next; ie. from TV Series to Moving Pictures. Is this easily achievable, by the user?
    Ofc ;) Have a look in theme Brave New World, and change in BasicHome Editor the Layout to "Horizon" ;)
    Or try the theme "HorizonUp". In both themes the background changes according to the tile ;)
    And as you are fit in adapting to your needs:
    The respective backgrounds are in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\PureVisionHD 1080\Media\Animations\BasicHome ;)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for replies, guys: much appreicated.

For some context menus, the actual choices displayed depends on the circumstances, which would make control by the skin xml file difficult. Example: in the TV EPG, the context menu for a programme that is on now has eight choices, whereas the context menu for the programme that is on next has nine choices.
    Be that as it may, the actual listing order is what I am referring to. The MP developers have somewhere, sometime determined that the 'play' have highest priority. Given there are far easier methods to achieve the same result -be it with a keyboard, or a remote- makes the order seem illogical.
    Shame it isn't customizeable. Oh well, no harm in asking. It rates in the frustrating, not the annoying category.

Have a look in theme Brave New World, and change in BasicHome Editor the Layout to "Horizon" ;)
    Or try the theme "HorizonUp". In both themes the background changes according to the tile
    There are a number of BasicHomeEditor*.xml files in 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\PureVisionHD 1080\Themes\Brave New World': six files. Which file are you referring to? Bearing in mind I am not a coder. Have checked all, & none appear to have the word layout in them. Or are you referring to the file, 'BasicHome.xml'? If so, what area within the file should I be looking?
    Or am I misunderstanding, & you are referring to changing the entire theme over to the aforementioned ones, within MP GUI? If so, I much prefer image tiles, as opposed to the graphical tiles repeented in both of those themes, as shown in attached images.
    The respective backgrounds are in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\PureVisionHD 1080\Media\Animations\BasicHome
    Cheers. I have already copied & renamed the various images I would prefer for my setup, in that area.
    -as as aside, where would I adjust the parameters (in what *.xml file) if I wanted to add for images that are recognised within the GUI?

@1gkar : You may be interested in LCARS skin as well LCARS
    Cheers. I looked at that skin quite a while ago. Star Trek isn't my favourite sub-genre, of sci-fi. Might have another look, though, once I get PVHD adjusted to my preference, to view any recent changes.
    You do great work, once again. Thx.(y)(y)

Attachments

• Homescreen_Videos.jpg
      Homescreen_Videos.jpg
      387.5 KB
    • Homescreen_Music.png
      Homescreen_Music.png
      1.3 MB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @1gkar If you want the background changes according to the tiles category, copy this:
    XML:
    <control Style="BasicHomeBackdrop">
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <texture>#(string.format('{0}.background',#editor.main.use.5))</texture>
          <visible>string.equals(#skin.background,Standard)</visible>
        </control>
        <control Style="BasicHomeBackdrop">
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <texture>Animations\BasicHome\news.jpg</texture>
          <visible>string.equals(#skin.background,Standard)+Control.hasFocus(1111)</visible>
        </control>
    into your BasicHome.xml of SmartOne replacing the first Backgound control ;)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The big questions:
    Star Wars or Star Trek
    Marvel or DC
    As I don't rate comic books/comic movies as sci-fi, I'd go with the following: -don't get me wrong, I still like some of them (I play golf with a couple in their 60s who love Marvel/DC). Just more sci-fantasy genre; same as series like Sanctuary. the irony is, my favourite book author writes sci-fantasy: Raymond E Feist.
    Well, that´s obvious from your avatar/name (Babylon 5) and your skin mockups (Stargate)
    Catavolt was spot on. In order of preference:

Babylon 5
    Stargate SG-1
    The Expanse
    Fringe -is not only the name; also, it's relationship to sci-fi
    Outer Limits 1995
    ST-TOS
    ST-TNG
    Stargate Atlantis
    UFO -1960's British series
    ST-Voyager/Enterprise
    maybe: X-Files. Never decided if actually classed as sci-fi
    That's enough for now:)

@catavolt -thanks for the basichome.xml update. Will try out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom