CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I assume it´s from MyVideo?
    The "Play CD" is the clue -- it's in "Music". The xml is "MyMusicSongs.xml". :D

@macmr : You can edit the xml file to re-order the <control> tags for the left side menu. You need to check the <onup> and <ondown> tags (if present), to ensure that movement of the focus remains correct. These tags are not always present, as the default action is often correct, but if they are present they need to specify the ids of the adjacent controls (especially at the top and bottom of the list, if you want focus movement to wrap around to the other end of the list).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks guys much appreciated. I have already changed a couple of more simplistic menus so understand the relevance of the id's etc. While changing a few things on a simple 2 button horizontal menu I added controls for the up / down button on my remote to also move the selection left / right. Why? Well because my old skin used to be an up / down selection and that is what I was used to so why not have the funcionality if I went into zombie mode.

Also while we are on the subject of long menus like the one I asked about is there any reason that they don't generally loop from bottom to top and vice versa. I can't say this happens on every long menu but I have seen it on a few.

Thanks

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is there any reason that they don't generally loop from bottom to top and vice versa.
    In my own customised skin, all of the vertical menus wrap around from top to bottom and vice versa (I have defined <onup> and <ondown> to do this). However...

There is one consequence of this -- my customised skin does not support the "button bar" (not sure what its official name is) at the top of the screen. This is the bar that appears for a short period of time, and contains buttons to control video transport, buttons for "Return" and "Home" etc.. If "up" from the uppermost button in the menu wraps around to the bottommost button, you cannot get to the button bar using a remote control or keyboard.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All menus in my skins loop from the last button to the top button when pressing "down". BUT: Pressing "up" on the first button opens the top bar (that´s how it´s named @CyberSimian ;)) to access different controls ;)

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    If "up" from the uppermost button in the menu wraps around to the bottommost button, you cannot get to the button bar using a remote control or keyboard.
    All menus in my skins loop from the last button to the top button when pressing "down". BUT: Pressing "up" on the first button opens the top bar (that´s how it´s named @CyberSimian ;)) to access different controls ;)
    Thanks. Yes I have my topbar disabled because I am using the up / down buttons to do 3 minute forward / back jumps for the tv buffer etc. If I press up then obviously the topbar appears which doesn't dissapear until I press down. I assume because it has focus it stays on the screen. I would think about enabling it again if it disappeared on its own after ? secs

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    we just released MP 1.26 Final "Winter is coming..." with a lot of new features and corrections, so you´ll find the new release PureVisionHD 1080 v. 10.2 ::: HERE :::

Most important bugfixes/changes besides the ones discussed here and those necessary for the new MP version are:
    • New backgrounds for all texts, lists, menus etc (without shadow effect)
    • Support for Holiday fanart (Activate/deactivate in Settings Skin)
    • A lot of cosmetic fixes - not only in conjunction with the new font
    • Only one splashscreen for all themes with version number and edition text in same font (only visible with MP 1.26 Pre Release!)
    Hope you´ll like it ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hohoho, here we go:
    The new PureVisionHD Xmas Edition 2020 is available for download ::: HERE :::
    Most important changes are:
    • Some more surprises on BasicHome (you´ll see when it´s time for it)
    • Fixed overlapping of active/scheduled recordings on BasicHome of SmartOne
    • Fixed the bugs in Trakt plugin
    • A lot of rework/enhancements in all areas
    Hope you´ll like it again this year ;)
    And of course I wish you all and your loved ones a reflective Advent and Christmas season - despite all that we have to face regarding the pandemic...

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dear SantaVolt,

Thank you so much for the new XMas edition!!!
    The animations that carry across category screens is superb.
    For all the work you do and for being the human you are, SantaVolt, for this I thank you.

Merry Christmas and safe sharing and Joy to you and yours.

Peace,
    Tam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom