PureVisionHD 1080 (20 Viewers)

jrandell

April 6, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Greetings Mr. Catavolt,

First off, I LOVE your skin! but I have some issues.

Basic Home:
I prefer to use the basic home screen, but I do not use 'TV'. I do use MPTVseries, and I would guess there are many users like myself with this preference. The TV icon and text label already on basic home are appropriate for MPTVseries. Is there an easy way to just switch the module being called by that button?

Suggestions:

Mix and match modules?
Some skinners claim that their screens work with other skins.
If some screens and/or other components from other skins can be interchanged or integrated with Purevision, would you open a sub forum on the subject?

Users could maintain lists of compatible modals from other skins, update the compatibility status with your skins, and exchange editing tips, user customized versions, etc.

Can ‘source view’ be improved with handling of Meta data?
(Plot, actors, director, etc)
You include a file in your install, I think it is called windows.dll, which you indicate should replace an existing version of same file in the media portal folder structure.

If I understand your ‘read me’ notes correctly, you indicate that your skin should already display metadata, as long as one movie is stored in one folder (which is how I have it). But, If I understand it correctly, using your dll should improve that functionality, specifically if you have more then one movie per folder.

Without your dll, I do see the thumbs in the source view, but I do not see any meta data. When I do use your dll, the result is poor-to-unusable rendering of many screens, and still no improvement to source view. I have attempted to make this work many times with re-installs, clean installs and several re-configurations of MP with minimal, but required, plug-ins.

Some other skins handle this functionality, and I have had good results. But aside from this one feature, I don’t like those skins nearly as much as I like yours, and I like you’re A LOT!

I am using MP 101 and I am careful to use the most up to date versions of all plug-ins and drivers

Any suggestions?

Injected

Portal Pro
October 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
hey catavolt,
your series posters at the basic home screen is a nice idea. if you would communicate with the tvseriesplugin creator, the plugin could copy the wallpapers of your available series to the media folder of the homescreen. that would be awesome.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi to all,
    as you may have noticed I wasn´t at home the last two months. My wife is from Peru, so every year we make a two months vacations in her hometown Nazca/Peru (the city with the mysterious Nazca lines). Although I took my laptop with me, I couldn´t work on the PureVision skins so far, but followed the forum threads.
    So in the very near future I will update the PureVision skins to the latest versions of MP 1.0.2.0, OnlineVideos 0.8.4, TVSeries 2.2.3389, MovingPictures 0.7.3 etc.
    I think I will release the new versions at the end of the following week.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    jrandell:
    The PureVision skins don´t include a special windows.dll, may be you mixed up something. I always build the PureVision skins without interfering the original MP distribution, because this may cause malfunctioning of the whole MP system.
    In the near future I will at least provide a guide how to change the menus in BasicHome to adjust it to the needs of the PureVision users.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Excellent news Catavolt and I'm glad that you will be updating your great skin soon. Hope that you had a good time on holiday :)

Miranda

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    :D catavolt

Do you also plan to update the PureVisionHD skin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom