PureVisionHD 1080 (5 Viewers)

dthomson39

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I hae recently upgraded to 1.2 and this skin but I cannot get the video control buttons to appear when running a video from the hard drive is this not supported in this skin? - it does appear on the default skin.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PureVisionHD (16:9)

First of all Welcome to PureVisionHD ;)
    Ofc PVHD skins support everything which is to be supported. Do you mean the topbar buttons?
    They are deactivated to allow a special skip step when pressing Up on remote/keyboard.
    To activate the topbar, just edit videoFullScreen.xml and change <disabletopbar>true</disabletopbar> into <disabletopbar>false</disabletopbar>.
    As the majority of users don´t seem to use this valuable skip step feature of MP, I will activate the topbar in general in the upcoming version 5.0 of PVHD skins ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi to all,
    Miguel was so kind and fixed the BasicHomeEditor for PureVisionHD :)thx: again, Miguel).
    So please find attached the new version with the respective "Layout" folder of PureVisionHD.
    Please copy the folder "Layout" into your PVHD folder (overwrite all), and copy the BasicHomeEditor into your MP base directory (overwrite the existing one).
    Please note that you have to repeat your desired changes and save them again.
    Then everything should work as expected.

Attachments

• PureVisionHD BasicHomeEditor.zip
      158.9 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi schrej, you´re right - my fault when preparing the MPEI file - simply forgot to change this.
    Will be better next version 5.0 ;)

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi catavolt,

all previous problems with the BasicHome Editor are gone now.
    Works perfect.

Two more questions to PVHD:

1.) Sometimes when playing music or a recorded radio-file the "rotating CD" is oval/egg-shaped instead of round. Is this intentionally?

2.) In the soft-keyboard the letter "A" is already typed in. Is this necessary (because mostly I have to delete it when for example doing a search)?

Kind regards

Roger

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Roger, the rotating CD should never be oval - what resolution are you using?
    The virtual keyboard often shows the A - not a skin issue but MP issue.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Catavolt,

at the moment I see the oval rotating CD on my laptop-client at 1280x800 resolution.
    (But I believe I also saw it some time ago on my main TV-set at 1920x1080. Not sure)

Kind regards

Roger

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Roger, that is selfexplaining. MP renders to 1280x800, so that all images are a bit squeezed due to the aspect ratio of 1,6:1. You should see that effect also on buttons (which are absolutly squared). OnFull HD (1920x1080) all is correct, because it´s the same aspect ratio (1,77:1) than 1366x768 (1,77:1), the original size of the skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom