Quick question - skinning MyPics (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    A quick question please on how MP builds the folder thumbs for MyPictures:

I think it is hard-coded to use previewbackgound.png in the media folder to create the frame for the folder thumb, am I correct?

Many thanks
    RH

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Country flag
    I think it is hard-coded to use previewbackgound.png in the media folder to create the frame for the folder thumb
    Sorry, but it is not clear which thumb you mean. For example, do you mean the square thumb that has four tiny pictures embedded within it? This is used for each item in folder view, and is also the value of #selectedthumb for the item that has the focus.

Can you post a screen shot with the relevant thumb identified?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Country flag
    Sorry, but it is not clear which thumb you mean
    My apologies for not being clear, yes the square thumb with the four pictures is the one I mean, although it isn't square in my skin as it is stretched to 16:9 ratio, but the folder.jpg image that is also created is 500x500 within each picture folder.

I was just wondering which graphic is used to create the background so that I can edit it in my skin/theme. I think it is probably previewbackground.png but am not certain, and before I change it I thought I had better ask,

Thanks as ever
    RH

Example pictures thumb.png

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Country flag
    I think it is probably previewbackground.png
    The MP skin engine does have various hard-coded names for things, but for images they usually have names that begin "Default" (but this may not be true for all cases).

Looking at your screen shot, the background used for the thumb looks as though it changes from dark in the lower left to bright in the top right. Does your version of "previewbackground" do that? Mine does not -- it changes from dark at the bottom to bright at the top (no left/right variation). But of course you may have a different version for your skin.

I have just scanned the MP source code looking for occurrences of "previewbackground", and the only place that it is used is in "Utils.cs", where this error message text occurs:
    Utils: Your skin does not supply previewbackground.png to create CreateTileThumb!
    So it looks as though that is indeed the image file used to create the tiled thumb. (y)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Country flag
    @Rob Hexenmeister if you change previewbackground.png you need delete all folder.jpg and recreate it with new background :)
    Exactly what I did over the weekend and it has worked. Folder thumbs looking much better with black faded edges. I also adjusted the border widths so when zoomed to 16:9 they appear even all the way round. Shame about the cross in the middle being a little distorted but there is no way around that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    D Hauppauge HDPVR 1212 quick setup ? Installation, configuration support 8
    C How to quickly map scanned channels to other devices? General 1
    GhoSe General Quick overview of TV Server challenges and issues? TV Engine 1
    Rob Hexenmeister Skinning Online Videos question OnlineVideos 2
    Lichloathe Trakt for MP2 question General 7
    J TV Server setup question Newcomers Forum 0
    A Question about Google Drive sync Feature Requests 3
    C Looking at transitioning from SageTV, but have some questions Newcomers Forum 1
    X Question about Google Token activation of Youtube MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    P Another Fast Forward/Rewind/Skip/Replay Question General 3
    doskabouter Skin question Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI) 1
    S Newbie questions Newcomers Forum 17
    M Tuning channels with quad tuner question General 6
    ajs [Help Us!] Extensions plugin question MediaPortal 1 8
    J Trying out MP 1 again, have some questions and a few log files Newcomers Forum 5
    J Question about thumbnail decorations MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    D A couple of DVD questions General 2
    J A question regarding Slingbox-like capability online General 3
    U 2 questions Newcomers Forum 1
    J silly question: where do I add my login details!! OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 5
    BlueMax1916 Titanium Extended Theme Screensaver Question Skins and Design 6
    Rob Hexenmeister Skin functions: What is available? General Support 7
    ajs [Info] 0.7 Beta - MPExtended, WebMP, Bootstrap skin by ajs - Hard way MPExtended 600
    S Touchscreen skin? MediaPortal 1 Talk 6
    azzuro [fixed] 5011: Version label in Splash screen - pos, size from skin MediaPortal 1 61
    Top Bottom