[fixed] Random slideshow in pictures can repeat some pictures and miss others [Mantis #4472] (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey - this Looks good. I would not have guessed that there is a connection between showing the extension & selecting the right entry in the list (so you do search by name, not use the index?).

Up to now everything seems to work (even when changing sort order, which was something I expected to be broken). Will continue with some tests - I am positive about this one.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep i need to use name and index to select the good item (it will not needed for slideshow but it's needed with recursive and more when it's in shuffle mode).
    :p

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One bigger bug, one minor bug and some small nitpicks:

* Major Bug: MP hangs when starting a slideshow on a folder containing a folder.m3u playlist. It shows a pop-up above the slideshow with the current title and then hangs (sometimes early, sometimes after a few pics & pop-ups), logs attached from 2 runs. I would hazard a guess that he pop-up has the same issue as the EXIF dialog had and by the way should not appear at all when playing folder.m3u (probably not at all when on fullscreen slide show). I guess this one is seperate from the issues solved here. I will try to reproduce on 1.3 as well (never used folder.m3u before).

* Minor Bug: When ending a randomized slide show MP allways selects the last entry in the list instead of the current

* Nitpicks
    * EXIF Dialog open does not pause the Slide Show - pics change underneath the dialog which is "unusual"
    * Non-Random Recursive Slideshow does not follow folder sort order as currently set, it respects ascending/descending but not the sorted by field. Single folder Slide Show does respect this
    * In Fullscreen when a video plays MP returns to the listview after video is finished, this is different from pictures (pic stays open till either ESC or Left/right to go to next pic). Possible options for fullscreen: Either do not start playing until play is pressed and show "only" still frame of video or pause video at the end of play and use left/right to skip to next entry only on pause

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep i need to use name and index to select the good item (it will not needed for slideshow but it's needed with recursive and more when it's in shuffle mode).
    :p

My approach would have been to create a shuffled list of Integers to access the GUI Items / files. That way you would not need to search but have the index.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm, my htpc with 1.3 does not play folder.m3u at all. Is that strange or known?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another small issue:

When showing a slideshow pressing right to skip before the time out occurs MP will ignore the no-loop setting and it will not re-randomize after the loop.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Another small issue: When showing a slideshow pressing right to skip before the time out occurs MP will ignore the no-loop setting and it will not re-randomize after the loop.

acknowledgement to source?
    This included the updated WindowsPlugin.dll from here and the updated 1.4.0 Pre Release test build.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    One bigger bug, one minor bug and some small nitpicks:

* Major Bug: MP hangs when starting a slideshow on a folder containing a folder.m3u playlist. It shows a pop-up above the slideshow with the current title and then hangs (sometimes early, sometimes after a few pics & pop-ups), logs attached from 2 runs. I would hazard a guess that he pop-up has the same issue as the EXIF dialog had and by the way should not appear at all when playing folder.m3u (probably not at all when on fullscreen slide show). I guess this one is seperate from the issues solved here. I will try to reproduce on 1.3 as well (never used folder.m3u before).

I can't reproduce for now. It always start correctly and stop @ the end of slideshow.

* Minor Bug: When ending a randomized slide show MP allways selects the last entry in the list instead of the current

Can't reproduce it too :(

* Nitpicks
    * EXIF Dialog open does not pause the Slide Show - pics change underneath the dialog which is "unusual"
    * Non-Random Recursive Slideshow does not follow folder sort order as currently set, it respects ascending/descending but not the sorted by field. Single folder Slide Show does respect this
    * In Fullscreen when a video plays MP returns to the listview after video is finished, this is different from pictures (pic stays open till either ESC or Left/right to go to next pic). Possible options for fullscreen: Either do not start playing until play is pressed and show "only" still frame of video or pause video at the end of play and use left/right to skip to next entry only on pause

* Will try to fix EXIF (that annoying me too)
    * Yep don't know if i can do it better (spend too time on it) i do it like this to speed loading of recursive slideshow (if you compare on previous version 1.2 maybe 1.3 don't remember, on my lib it take 20 minutes before starting lol). So here it start first item and when item in the list is a folder it analyse it and so on.
    * Not sure if i can change that (i'm pretty sure i can't too complex for me)

When showing a slideshow pressing right to skip before the time out occurs MP will ignore the no-loop setting and it will not re-randomize after the loop.

Need to read you again :) not sure to follow you.

Ps : will look your log :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey,

EXIF ix fixed (will go in next build in first post) :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @mbuzina,

Can you send me your folder.m3u ?
    Does it search .mp3 or whatever in an outside folder from where the pictures are ?

Yes in 1.3 folder.m3u doesn't work, so you can only compare from 1.2Final or 1.4Pre-Release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom