[fixed] Random slideshow in pictures can repeat some pictures and miss others [Mantis #4472] (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok :)

You have avi / jpg / .m3u (outside folder).

Yep we are working on this with @hwahrmann , it happen (i think) the stop sequence of BASS is running in a separate thread but video already start to run (so here Audio output pin can't be renderer and freeze / hang MP).

If you try m3u with only pictures, it will work.

Can you try a core.dll ? to see if it doesn't hang MP (the diff will be do not start BASS Engine stop in a separate thread, it will freeze a little the UI but should not hang).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is a bin, you can just overwrite based on installer in fisrt post :
    • BASS threading disable
    • EXIF in slideshow should pause it.

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    acknowledgement to source? This included the updated WindowsPlugin.dll from here and the updated 1.4.0 Pre Release test build.

Please feel acknowledged. Since seb is Debugging it is important to test with the same base - that is why I did not reference, but called your attention to this thread.

Need to read you again not sure to follow you.
    To reproduce:
    Set Loop to Off, Random to On, Videos in Slideshow to on, Show Videos to on
    Start a slideshow
    Press right (Next Picture) before the end of the time out & continue doing this

You will notice:
    a) The slideshow will Loop and not end, even though Looping is set to No
    b) The slideshow will not re-randomize on each turn
    c) the slideshow will not show videos anymore

Regarding the hang:
    Do you get the popups with the next title playing? Is there an option to disable that? I was not sure if the dialog issue (exif) would have been solved for all dialogs (I remember the discussion between you & elliotmc)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EXIF pauses slide show now. In Test I found also the following:
    * Info Menü (F9) does not pause the slide show (I guess it should, I got the wrong EXIF this way)
    * Pressing Pause does not pause the slide show (Space, Pause on the Topbar)
    * Having the Slideshow paused by EXIF dialog shows a blinking Text "Stopped" (Angehalten in German) above the Dialog in Titan (there seemed to be something similar in Default Wide but was hidden by the dialog)

Little thing on the side (I will gather all of this)
    * Pressing F3 in list shows the EXIF Dialog -> Seems OK, but doing the same in Fullscreen / Slide Show results in an OSD with only little info, the same for a video shows nothing. Could be improved

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mbuzina,

Can you send me your folder.m3u ?
    Does it search .mp3 or whatever in an outside folder from where the pictures are ?

Yes in 1.3 folder.m3u doesn't work, so you can only compare from 1.2Final or 1.4Pre-Release.

The files are in my music folder (of course ;-). Here is the test m3u I used:
    Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,7th Music Band - Dooset Daram
    D:\Music\Farsi\Selection\7th-Band_Dooset-Daram_(www.Bia2.com).mp3
    #EXTINF:0,AC/DC - Hells Bells
    D:\Music\AC_DC\Back in Black\hells bells.mp3
    #EXTINF:0,AC/DC - Hells Bells
    D:\Music\AC_DC\Back in Black\hells bells.mp3
    #EXTINF:0,Bibi & Tina - 03 - Besuch Auf Dem Schloss
    D:\Music\Bibi & Tina\Bibi & Tina - Allein Im Schloss\03 03 - Besuch Auf Dem Schloss.mp3
    #EXTINF:0,Kai Hohage - Friseurmonster Teil 1
    D:\Music\Kai Hohage\Monster beim Friseur\02 Friseurmonster Teil 1.mp3

Maybe I should remove the EXTINF?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This version also removes the hang! Great. Is it possible to turn off the pop-ups (esp. for slide shows)?

With respect to same thread: Especially fade in/out stops some actions. When a video starts in the slide show, music is faded out (not cross-faded) so video is started with 2 sec delay. The same on the other end. Stopping also is delayed by 2s due to fade out. I guess mixing video with music would be out of the question (of course for 1.4)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This version also removes the hang! Great. Is it possible to turn off the pop-ups (esp. for slide shows)?

With respect to same thread: Especially fade in/out stops some actions. When a video starts in the slide show, music is faded out (not cross-faded) so video is started with 2 sec delay. The same on the other end. Stopping also is delayed by 2s due to fade out. I guess mixing video with music would be out of the question (of course for 1.4)

What pop-ups did you see ? (the one that annouce new played music song ?)
    Yep the delay of 2 secs is introduce by not start BASS Engine stop in separate thread (it's a workaround but that confirm that seomthing need to be done in BASS Engine Stop).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    acknowledgement to source? This included the updated WindowsPlugin.dll from here and the updated 1.4.0 Pre Release test build.

Please feel acknowledged. Since seb is Debugging it is important to test with the same base - that is why I did not reference, but called your attention to this thread.

Need to read you again not sure to follow you.
    To reproduce:
    Set Loop to Off, Random to On, Videos in Slideshow to on, Show Videos to on
    Start a slideshow
    Press right (Next Picture) before the end of the time out & continue doing this

You will notice:
    a) The slideshow will Loop and not end, even though Looping is set to No
    b) The slideshow will not re-randomize on each turn
    c) the slideshow will not show videos anymore

Regarding the hang:
    Do you get the popups with the next title playing? Is there an option to disable that? I was not sure if the dialog issue (exif) would have been solved for all dialogs (I remember the discussion between you & elliotmc)

Will try to reproduce @ home (this evening) :)

I get the popups and there is no option to disable that (before the popups always comes after playing video item but i rework that to only display it on song change). In SMP it's less intrusive (so i think skinner should reduce adapt it).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    EXIF pauses slide show now. In Test I found also the following:
    * Info Menü (F9) does not pause the slide show (I guess it should, I got the wrong EXIF this way)
    * Pressing Pause does not pause the slide show (Space, Pause on the Topbar)
    * Having the Slideshow paused by EXIF dialog shows a blinking Text "Stopped" (Angehalten in German) above the Dialog in Titan (there seemed to be something similar in Default Wide but was hidden by the dialog)

Little thing on the side (I will gather all of this)
    * Pressing F3 in list shows the EXIF Dialog -> Seems OK, but doing the same in Fullscreen / Slide Show results in an OSD with only little info, the same for a video shows nothing. Could be improved

* about F9 will try to see if i can do the same like in slideshow.
    * Pressing Pause (so mean when F9 menu on ?)
    * For me i have 'Paused' blinking text, but maybe here too we can move that blinking text somewhere else (skinner) (htis info is usefull if we pause the slideshow).

Will try to see F3 options in fullscreen but not sure if i can handle that differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom