[fixed] Random slideshow in pictures can repeat some pictures and miss others [Mantis #4472] (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I get the popups and there is no option to disable that (before the popups always comes after playing video item but i rework that to only display it on song change). In SMP it's less intrusive (so i think skinner should reduce adapt it)

It looks like the standard dialog, so changing it will change other things as well I guess (but might be worth a shoutout to Titan: @ncoH, @dlarge500 Do you think you can reduce the impact of the dialog shown when changing songs? It seems too intrusive).

Yep the delay of 2 secs is introduce by not start BASS Engine stop in separate thread (it's a workaround but that confirm that seomthing need to be done in BASS Engine Stop).

It will have to be out of process in the future again, every stop will stop the display for 2 seconds. But as long as it is just for the proof of the bug, OK. Is there a mantis of this?

* about F9 will try to see if i can do the same like in slideshow. * Pressing Pause (so mean when F9 menu on ?) * For me i have 'Paused' blinking text, but maybe here too we can move that blinking text somewhere else (skinner) (htis info is usefull if we pause the slideshow). Will try to see F3 options in fullscreen but not sure if i can handle that differently.

Great. Pause just during the slide show does not work atm. Reproduce: Play slide show, press pause (either Space/Remote/Topbar), see slide show continues.

F3 options are I think no big deal, I just noted it because Titan has not skinned the Picture OSD.

And finally another find from @Atomic7431: The option to show Videos in Slideshows is not honoured correctly. Videos are shown in slideshows if the option to play videos at all is enabled (no matter if Videos in Slideshows is on or off). To reproduce: Set Show Videos to On, Show Videos in Slideshows to off. Start a slideshow in a folder where videos are located. Slideshow shows videos. Expected behaviour would be Slideshows not show videos, while fullscreen (OK) would show them.

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks like the standard dialog, so changing it will change other things as well I guess (but might be worth a shoutout to Titan: @ncoH, @dlarge500 Do you think you can reduce the impact of the dialog shown when changing songs? It seems too intrusive).

I`m not exactly sure what you mean. Can you make a screenshot?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It will have to be out of process in the future again, every stop will stop the display for 2 seconds. But as long as it is just for the proof of the bug, OK. Is there a mantis of this?

Not in mantis for now :)

Great. Pause just during the slide show does not work atm. Reproduce: Play slide show, press pause (either Space/Remote/Topbar), see slide show continues.

Should be fixed :)

And finally another find from @Atomic7431: The option to show Videos in Slideshows is not honoured correctly. Videos are shown in slideshows if the option to play videos at all is enabled (no matter if Videos in Slideshows is on or off).
    To reproduce: Set Show Videos to On, Show Videos in Slideshows to off. Start a slideshow in a folder where videos are located. Slideshow shows videos. Expected behaviour would be Slideshows not show videos, while fullscreen (OK) would show them.

I will try to reproduce it. (can't right now but i surely not set setting correctly :) )
    Edit : Should be fixed too :)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    New binary for testing :)
    • Pause in slideshow (Space/Remote/Topbar)
    • Don't play video in slideshow (Show Videos in Slideshows to off.)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    To reproduce:
    Set Loop to Off, Random to On, Videos in Slideshow to on, Show Videos to on
    Start a slideshow
    Press right (Next Picture) before the end of the time out & continue doing this

You will notice:
    a) The slideshow will Loop and not end, even though Looping is set to No
    b) The slideshow will not re-randomize on each turn
    c) the slideshow will not show videos anymore

a) I would say it's the expected behaviour (for me), if you do right and if you do that on last item, i choose to continue but it happen only on user action.
    b) It's normal, because it go through all indexed item (the one set on start of slideshow)
    c) Here it's not ok, it should display all items (videos / pictures)

So, if we let running the slideshow itself (no user action), when it reach the end, the slideshow stop (and don't stop if loop to ON).

But i understand your POV, go to right / right / right until the end and it should stop.
    I know, i have look that part and go like it's now, not sure if it's an easy task to fix.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have a fix about above :

But in recursive slideshow, when a new folder is detected and item are add to list, if we do a previous we reach the latest item from the list and a new next stop the slideshow because next item was reached.

If we don't do previous, it's ok now, next item from the list is displayed and so on until we reach the end and we go back to Pictures list.

I can't reproduce : c) the slideshow will not show videos anymore

I always have video maybe i didn't do the test correctly.

So that all to say, i don't know if we need that fix or not.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    About : c) the slideshow will not show videos anymore

Maybe i know why :) if we do quick F7/F8 we can bypass the video (not really but too fast and we don't see the video)
    Can you retry by doing slow F7/F8 ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Bin to test :)

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I`m not exactly sure what you mean. Can you make a screenshot?
    Sure, here it is (Song change while showing slide show, using folder.m3u playlist, ignore the picture in the background, one of my test set) :
    09-56-52.png

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    a) I would say it's the expected behaviour (for me), if you do right and if you do that on last item, i choose to continue but it happen only on user action. b) It's normal, because it go through all indexed item (the one set on start of slideshow) c) Here it's not ok, it should display all items (videos / pictures) So, if we let running the slideshow itself (no user action), when it reach the end, the slideshow stop (and don't stop if loop to ON). But i understand your POV, go to right / right / right until the end and it should stop. I know, i have look that part and go like it's now, not sure if it's an easy task to fix.

If this is intended behaviour (I can understand your point), I am perfectly fine with this. If I want to end the slide show I can press ESC. @Atomic7431 might disagree, though.

I have a fix about above :

But in recursive slideshow, when a new folder is detected and item are add to list, if we do a previous we reach the latest item from the list and a new next stop the slideshow because next item was reached.

If we don't do previous, it's ok now, next item from the list is displayed and so on until we reach the end and we go back to Pictures list.
    <CUT>
    So that all to say, i don't know if we need that fix or not.

I don't think I can understand this. What is the fix?

About : c) the slideshow will not show videos anymore

Maybe i know why :) if we do quick F7/F8 we can bypass the video (not really but too fast and we don't see the video)
    Can you retry by doing slow F7/F8 ?

You are right - when doing F7/F8 slowly I get the videos. Probably was just too fast.

The music playback has another side effect: When I press F8 in a slide show with folder.m3u playing (might also occur with normal music playing, not tested yet) I can hang MP if I press F8 directly while the dialog of song change is still visible or the fade-in is still active (unsure which). 1st Log attached. (10_10)

I also have occurences of NO-GUI when using folder.m3u. I started a slide show to test the issue above and the music started but the picture was not shown. ESC resulted in music stopping but still no GUI. 2. Log attached is from that (10_12). UPDATE: It was probably due to the first item being a video (I was shuffeling).

* Start Slideshow & Exit quickly by ESC results in music not being stopped

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom