Random stopping/skipping of music (2 Viewers)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    in time for 0.2.2.0

Please also test without playback start/stop fading and setting crossfade to 0 ms

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    If I am right those options aren't available anyway with the internal dshow player, and for me the problem also occured with that player.

I've now done a clean install of 0.2.2.0 (no SVNs applied yet), so will start testing from scratch.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    OK, same thing still happens with 0.2.2.0 + SVN.

rtv, what do you want me to do to try and troubleshoot this problem? Test without crossfade and post the logs when the problem occurs? As I said in my previous post, that option isn't available for the internal dshow player and I had the same problem with that one, although I haven't tested the internal dshow player (yet) with 0.2.2.0 + SVN.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This problem became much worse since some SVN from about a week ago. Music stops very frequently now. After +/- 5 songs I have to start the music again.

inverbon

Portal Member
    January 26, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys, i'm having the same problem with the bassplayer (and blue two wide skin), since i changed from 2.2.0 standard installation to the svn from approximatly a week ago. With or without crossfading, with or without buffer...it is totally random. I'm not seeing any visual cueues whatsoever...just a freeze. The only way getting out of it is CTRL-ALT-DEL en terminate the "mediaportal" process and restart mediaportal (NOT the pc or windows)

Only weird thing is, when i disable Crossfading...it still does. And most of the times when at the end of a song when crossfading should start (i.e. 4 seconds from the end) the song stops and doesn't fade out, it just skips to the next song, which does fade in nicely (even with crossfading disabled :)

i'm not at home now, but as soon as possible i'll post a errorlog.

Iwan

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, there seem to be 2 issues then :confused:

Almost certain is that BASS still has issues. But are those reports from users having this problem with the internal player faulty? (like playing DRM'ed content, network shares, etc)

inverbon

Portal Member
    January 26, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi bram, i reread the whole thread. And indeed...i'm not having the same problem. Your musicplayer just stops (as i understand so far) mine complete freezes MP, but just as random as you described. About the buggy crossfading...it is also a issue and i thought the two had to do with eachother. If it suits RTV better i can take my issue to another thread then?

Cheers Iwan

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ inverbon yes, please open a separate thread for that. Hwahrmann is currently on holiday but he knows everything about that BASS/crossfading code ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom