Random stopping/skipping of music (1 Viewer)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 0.2 with latest SVN
MediaPortal Skin:project Mayhem III 1.4
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2.2Ghz
HDD: 1.8TB total Maxtor
Memory: 2GB DDR 400
Motherboard: ASUS s754 AGP
Motherboard Chipset: nForce 3
Motherboard Bios: latest
Video Card: ASUS nVidia 6200AGP (256MB)
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: AverTV PVR 250MCE
1. TV Card Type: Analog
2. TV Card: Hauppage WinTV PVR 150MCE
2. TV Card Type: analog
MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia PureVideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia PureVideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Essent
HTPC Case: Coolermaster Cavalier 2
Cooling: stock
Power Supply: 350 Watt
Remote: Microsoft IR remote
TV: Philips Matchline 82cm 4:3 CRT (1024-768)
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite

error.log : http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11455

I use the BASS engine for my music (and loving it), but I have a problem that keeps occuring randomly. I can't force the error, can't reproduce it. Sometimes without warning songs are skipped or playing is stopped. It seems to occure with all types of compression.
My error.log doesn't tell me much (there isn't very much in it, which is a good thing :p ), maybe someone else can filter something out of it.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, could you please try to deactive the animations and the render thread in general options and see if it still occurs then?

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    OK, not in a position to post my config or logs because I'm not at home at the moment, but just like to mention that I'm experiencing the same problem. I tend to play random tracks, either 'similar' with the scrobble function or 'offline' random (old party shuffle). I tried disabling the animations and render thread as requested by rtv. I also tried the directsound option rather than BASS engine, but symptoms are the same. Just to clarify, once I've selected my random mode I bring up the 'Now Playing' window and that's where it will sit, i.e. not doing anything else, just listening to some music. Then, at some point (don't know when) the music will stop playing and MP is 'not responding' and I have to end it through task manager. It's a strange one, system is under no load whatsoever, just simply playing music and grabbing some dvb-t epg data in the background. When I've got time this weekend I'll apply the latest svn and see if I can compile some more detailed info.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My system never locks up. it only skips or stops the music. I haven't had the time yet to listen to very much much music with the animations and render thread deactivated.

Will keep you posted!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    AberDino please post a full MediaPortal.log, you could also try with BlueTwo skin.

Regards
    Roy

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then, at some point (don't know when) the music will stop playing and MP is 'not responding' and I have to end it through task manager.
    Without render thread this shouldn't happen anymore as of today.. Please try a new build with B2 skin

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    weird crashes, instability, slow scrolling, f**d games and the waitcursor when a directory is re-loaded

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Sorry guys, didn't have time this weekend to gather further data. I can confirm I am using the BlueTwo skin. Tonight I will apply the latest SVN and keep render threat disabled then see what happens. If I still experience a problem I will post proper bug report.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    latest svn has issues with the overlay please install one from before REV 12028

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom