Random stopping/skipping of music (1 Viewer)

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    MediaPortal Version: MP v0.2.0.0 + SVN Rev 12026
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: MS XP MCE SP2 + Latest Updates
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
    HDD: Samsung HD400LJ 400GB
    Memory: Corsair DDR2 TWINX 1GB PC5400 (2x 512MB)
    Motherboard: Asus P5LD2-VM DH
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel 945G
    Motherboard Bios: Asus 0505
    Video Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 PRO HDMI
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst v6.9
    Sound Card: Realtek ALC882
    Sound Card AC3: Optical
    Sound Card Driver: v1.49
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-t 500 MCE
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-t
    1. TV Card Driver: v4.1.24118.0
    MPEG2 Video Codec: NVIDIA PureVideo v1.02.33
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVIDIA PureVideo v1.02.33
    HTPC Case: Accent HT-201B
    Cooling: Zalman Reserator, GPU+CPU+PSU - No Fans!
    Power Supply: Silentmaxx Watercooled 450W PSU
    Remote: MS MCE
    TV: Philips 32PW9525
    TV - HTPC Connection: RGB Scart 1024x576

Applied SVN Rev 12026 (as per rtv's recommendation), ran configuration.exe after SVN install completed, cleared the logs and rebooted. I then started playing 'offline' random music (old party shuffle), switched to the 'now playing' screen and went to make my dinner etc. After about two hours I checked and the system had stopped playing music. Interestingly, the OS screen saver had kicked in, while MP is configured not to use a screensaver (I can confirm the screensaver doesn't normally kick in when using MP). Only by using the task manager I could see that MP was using 'full' CPU (on dual core that's 50% in task manager), and was 'not responding' so I had to kill it. I'm not using the seperate render thread. Attached is my 'mediaportal.log'. I hope it can point somebody in the right direction, the 'error.log' only contains audioscrobbler submit errors. Looking at 'mediaportal.log', the system stopped responding at the end of 'Alexia - Beat Of The Night', before it would have started playing 'St Germain - Deep In It', although 'mediaportal.log' suggests that St Germain had started playing.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll build you a debug version which dumps the playlist and some more info into the log. Could you please check if playback also stops with internal player?

The bad thing about this bug is that I heavily guess it is GUI related and BASS stops only as a result from an error which has occured earlier..

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Could you please check if playback also stops with internal player?
    I checked this previously (see earlier post in this thread) and this didn't make any difference. I will try again tonight with same config as yesterday, just to be sure. It would support your theory that it is GUI related.

PS: How can I quote (part of) somebody's message with the link 'originally posted by'? Searched the forum but couldn't find anything that points me in the right direction.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    OK, tested with internal dshow player tonight, eventually with the same result, see attached 'mediaportal.log'. However, noticed a bit more this time! As it was playing '06 - Shakedown - At Night' the progress bar in the now playing windows stopped halfway through the song, but the music continued playing. In fact, it even played the last song in the log '03 - Virtual Suspects feat. Gwen MCCrae - Gotta Have Your Love', but no change on the screen. After that, music stopped and eventually I could see the Windows screensaver kick in. Had to kill MP through task manager. I'd be more than happy to test rtv's debug version.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yep - but I cannot tell if it will be tomorrow or maybe another 2 or 3 days..

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tested with the seperate UI render thread disabled now. The problem stil occures. Somtimes a part of the song is kipped unexpected and sometimes music stops playing after playing about 2 seconds of the second song.

- I browse to the songs I want to listen (listview, haven't tested any other view)
    - I select the song I want to listen, the song starts to play
    - The first song has ended and the next song in that directory (not playlist) is played for about two seconds, then stops. MP has not crashed and is not responding slow in any way. I can simply select the second song and start it again.

I'm starting to get the impression it is always the second song. I'm not totaly sure about this. This happened three times today.
    There is no information relating this problem in the error.log

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    would be cool if you remember the files on which this occurs - and if those have a high chance to trigger the same error again.
    I've hoped the new BASS version hwahrmann added could solve this :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom