[fixed] RC2: MCE Remote not working (1 Viewer)

Drukkie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    i start a movie and i puch back ...how do i return to the movie?

Red button remote :)

Also is there a way to get the menu while playing a movie to change aspect ratio etc

Blue button cycles through aspect ratios

nope...looks like those are mapped to teletex...do i need a special plugin...on my way over there...
    i've tried to map those keys to aspect ratio but also no luck...
    input greatly appreciated...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Only if you are in Analogue TV running or DVB, What I quoted is the default for Video\TV screens and should not be activated unless teletext is enabled.

Is your remote a genuine MS\Philips\Hauppauge one and also only configured as MCE in MP config.

Drukkie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there, yes it's a microsoft mce remote...not the xbox one...
    i still cannot access those menus by pressing the red etc buttons...
    i've tried to map them manually as well....note that i want to see the menus whilst playing movies series etc...

elvis56

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I upgraded from RC1 to RC2 as well and my MCE remote wont start MP like it used to. I have to use a keyboard to open MP. Once it is opened I can use the functions of the remote again to move around the menus. Only reason I didn't do a fresh install was because I had just a week or so earlier decided to do a fresh install of RC1. With all the movies and TV shows I have it can take quite a bit of time to set up again to my liking. Didn't feel like doing that again so soon lol. Tried the supplied remote dll but didnt seem to do anything for me using Windows XP

cpsarros

Portal Member
    January 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Supplied DLL fixes the problem ONLY for Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system.

BigSimms

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    I know it's been some time since anyone has posted in this forum, but does anyone else get an invalid rar file when trying to open this? I am planning on using MediaPortal 1.8 running on Server 2008r2. Has the MCE remote issues been taken care of with later releases of MP? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom