RC6 Remote won't work in MP, but works fine in Windows Media Center (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the info. (y)

That irremote.ini could be the key to getting the remote working in MP. It's normally the main mapping configuration file for Hauppauge remotes. In other words, it tells the Hauppauge IR driver what key codes (or other) to generate/simulate when you press each button on the remote.

I also have limited time as I'm at work. In fact it's likely that I won't have any real time to deal with this until Sunday (UTC +12).

Mr_Generic

Portal Member
    April 30, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I installed the Inteset PC-IRS5-01 with External IR Receiver Kit, and it worked right out of the box! No drivers to install.

I first tested it with Windows Media Center, and had no problems.

Then I briefly tested it with MediaPortal 1.16, and I can now navigate the menus. Yay! :) I haven't done anything else yet. I just wanted to see if I could use the remote with the new IR receiver in MP. I plan on installing MediaPortal 2.1 over the weekend and configuring it with my media directories and recording with my HD Home Run Prime.

I think I'd like to re-map a few keys ... like the "green button" to start MP instead of WMC. And maybe a few others. I'll figure out which ones as I start using MediaPortal more. I haven't gone through the forums yet to figure this out, but if I want to re-map some keys, do I do that in a Media Portal configuration?

I might have to go through more of the forums or re-read a manual, but I'm curious to know if it is possible to view Windows Media Center recordings on Media Portal. Or do I need to convert them first?

Regarding the irremote.ini file ... if you'd like me to mail it to you or try changing some things, please let me know.

Thanks!
    - Bob

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think I'd like to re-map a few keys ... like the "green button" to start MP instead of WMC.
    Additional 3rd Party Checks - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

And maybe a few others.
    Mapping Buttons - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

I'm curious to know if it is possible to view Windows Media Center recordings on Media Portal.
    Video Extension - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Regarding the irremote.ini file ... if you'd like me to mail it to you or try changing some things, please let me know.
    Yeah, attaching that irremote.ini file would be helpful - thanks. :)

[edit: May have to zip it first. The forum restricts the file types that are accepted as attachments for security reasons.]

Mr_Generic

Portal Member
    April 30, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah, attaching that irremote.ini file would be helpful - thanks. :)

[edit: May have to zip it first. The forum restricts the file types that are accepted as attachments for security reasons.]

Sorry for the long delay in getting this to you. I have attached the irremote.ini file here.

I have been using the Inteset IR receiver with Windows Media Center for about a month with no issues.
    So I started configuring MediaPortal 1.6 to work with it. So far, I am able to move around the menus and play media, etc.

I'm trying to get the TV Server portion of it set up on this same machine ("single-seat installation"). I'm following the instructions on the page: Server Setup - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki
    ... but the "Tuning Mode" drop down list does not match that which is on the Wiki page. I don't want to litter this thread with non-related things like this, so I will start a new thread.

My Hauppauge tuner that I used as my IR receiver (before I bought the Inteset) is offline, but still in my HTPC set up (if you need me to do any more tests).

Attachments

• Irremote.zip
      7.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom