Refresh Rate Control Plugin (2 Viewers)

renzz

Portal Member
September 12, 2007
Interesting regarding Vista, sorry I don't run it and was not aware of the restriction on Program Files. I'll see if it's something I can fix up. EDIT: Try putting the XML file into the same directory as Mediaportal.xml. It's looking for the file in the 'current' directory (ie it's not specifying one)

Sorry I said 'Rules' when I meant 'Events and Commands', that is the tab where you can set a number of rules regarding how the plugin behaves.

Still no luck, I'm afraid. Putting the XML file into the same directory still doesn't enable me to save the config (and that file doesn't get written to at all).

Also, I *still* cannot see how you force a particular refresh rate for a particular frame-rate. Under 'Events and Command" I can add a command to be run for each Refresh Rate (50 or 60 in my case), but there is nothing there that says to use a specific refresh rate for a specific frame rate. The plugin (in my case) assumes 50Hz for any files with an fps of 23.976, which is not what I want (I want 60Hz).

Thanks for your help on this.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I think you're misunderstanding the wording of the text. You need to click on the plus sign, then drill down: 'On refresh rate changing/Powerstrip/Change Refresh Rate'

A new rule will appear in the list. The top box labelled 'RefreshRate event' means 'the refresh rate that the control thinks your video is'. Set this to 24 and then set the bottom box to 60.

As for the XML, I'll see if I can find out how MP is now deciding the main log dir.

renzz

Portal Member
    September 12, 2007
    Ok, so it's referring to both the refresh rate and frame rate as "refresh rate" that threw me :confused:

However, I think I mentioned somewhere above that my graphics card is not supported by Powerstrip, so I'm using the Command Line Option to call Multires ("On Refresh Rate Changing/Command Line") - so the "Refresh Rate Event" parameter on that - that should be set to 24 (or 25) - I was setting it to 50 and 60? I can't actually test it because of it not remembering the settings.

But what is also confusing me is in the AVI tab I am opening a file for testing which has a 23.976 frame rate - but it says it's 50hz.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If VMR9 is used to determine the frame rate for telecined videos (1080i 29.970fps) the refresh rate would jump between 48 and 50 (Should be 60), so I don't see that as a good solution.. Why not use MediaInfo?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    If VMR9 is used to determine the frame rate for telecined videos (1080i 29.970fps) the refresh rate would jump between 48 and 50 (Should be 60), so I don't see that as a good solution.. Why not use MediaInfo?

See my post on page 4, I agree, and there's a file on this page to fix it.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Interesting regarding Vista, sorry I don't run it and was not aware of the restriction on Program Files. I'll see if it's something I can fix up. EDIT: Try putting the XML file into the same directory as Mediaportal.xml. It's looking for the file in the 'current' directory (ie it's not specifying one)

Sorry I said 'Rules' when I meant 'Events and Commands', that is the tab where you can set a number of rules regarding how the plugin behaves.

Vista uses c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal for altered files(like cache). Dont know if this solves anything for you, or maybe you even knew.

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hello!

this seems to be just what i was looking for... But i can not get this to work.

when testing a file in config no problem - it displays the framerate as it should.
    But from Mediaportal all i get is framerate 0 (viewing the logfile).

Thanks in advance!
    Best regards!

OK!

now i've got it to receive the correct framerate (guess rate from vmr9)
    but it never actually changes the refresh rate, the log states so : changing to mode 72hz, but its not actually doing it....
    damn strange because I have no problem testing the commands in the config

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    How does the following scenario work with the plugin:

If my TV supports 24Hz and 50Hz modes, and I'm watching 23.976Hz (movies) content and 25Hz (PAL TV) content, does the first one match to 24Hz and last to 50Hz (because 50Hz is multiply of 25Hz?

Is this the way it should work, I'm I correct?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If my TV supports 24Hz and 50Hz modes, and I'm watching 23.976Hz (movies) content and 25Hz (PAL TV) content, does the first one match to 24Hz and last to 50Hz (because 50Hz is multiply of 25Hz?

Yes, that is correct .... :)

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Sorry if this is answered allready.

I want to have my live tv viewing at 50Hz

I want to have any movie playback at the most sensible multiplum of my display rates (50Hz and 60Hz)

I want to have any non-video viewing done at 66Hz.

Why? Because my LCD tv can only do 1:1 pixel at 66Hz, and I do like 1:1 pixel for viewing pictures, as well as not having any overscan. Can anyone suggest a good way of using this plugin for this purpose? I did use it earlier, but then it triggered powerstrip from command-line, and it wasnt a stable solution.

-k

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom