July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
I urge you to just give Resolution Changer 3.12 a try:

download from:
12noon :: Alarm++

details from:
Resolution Changer :: 12noon

It can't be any more simple to use and allows refresh rate change and resolution change.

Hi ninja, how is this gonna helps us change refrsh rate within MediaPortal? I had a look and it cannot change refresh rate according to the video spc. Thanks.

ninja

Portal Member
May 29, 2007
:sorry: i don't think i took the time to read the entirity of the thread. The software will only allow resolution change upon starting mediaportal and exiting mediaportal and not, to my knowledge, within mediaportal depending on the video spec.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I need a refresh rate changer that changes refresh rate based on content FPS.

The DVB-C broadcasts that I'm watching are 25Hz and most of the .mkv's are 24Hz..

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The other problem I have is that it doesn't remember any of the settings, except the two refresh rate entries under the Monitor tab - it loses all the Commands I put in.

Your problem is here. You should be able to set a command up with logic like I mentioned above. If the settings aren't being saved properly then obviously the logic isn't going to work.

Try looking for your RefreshRateControl.xml file, it might be in the wrong place. If it's not in the Mediaportal directory then move it there and it should start working ok.

First post after lurking for quite a while, most questions I have seems to be anwered already, but I'm struggling with this one:

I have a Nvidia 8400GS card and it's not supported by powerstrip. I figured i could use the SetDisplayFrequency.exe in AnyDVD to set different refresh rates and use command line rules in the Events and Commands tab. I set up 24, 50 and 60 in the Monitor tab, and create rules for all three refresh rates in Events and Commands. However, after saving and closing and then open again all the rules have disappeared but the refresh rates in the Monitor tab is there. The xml-file is located in the Mediaportal directory but do not update if i change anything in the Events and Commands tab. Anyone got a sample working xml-file? Using Mediaportal svn from a couple of days ago and XP pro sp2.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

like i mentioned a couple of days ago, ive changed the plugin so that it works without powerstrip. now i think it have to work but for me it doesnt work :( but i think thats another problem with my tv....
    if there is any interest for this changed plugin i will upload it later

edsche

5Hundred

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there, this is most probably aimed at kenwonders or thylakoid. I think that this is one f the most useful plugins for MP and would urge the developers to consider it a must have to enable smooth playback of all sources.

I have a request that mirrors a few earlier posts and i hope someone out there is able to help.

My Sony Bravia LCD has a native resolution of 1360x768, and it will do 1x1 pixellmapping only at this resolution but only at 60HZ. For those of us in PAL countries this means we get a stutter with the likes of scrolling menus. I can get 50HZ at 1280 x 720 but the panels overscan means that whilst video is fine, the MP GUI is not as crisp as it could be.

I was delighted to find this plugin because i hoped to set 1360x768 as the standard resolution and have refreshrate change the resolution and rate based on the video content.

It turns out that whilst refreshrate plugin can change the resolution it effectively causes a crash in MP as the playing video cannot cope with the resoultion chage whilst it is running.

Is there any way at all to pause the video whilst a suitable resolution/rate is found and loaded or alternatively a way to "restart" the screen when the rate is changed so that it can be more robust.

N.b this plugin works fine if i change refresh rate but not resoultion

thanks again
    5hundred

blobo

Portal Member
    March 3, 2008
    This plugin seems to be working with me.. I'm using the newest tv engine and a few day old MP SVN. It works at least with AVIs, MKVs, DVDs and even TV, and i haven't gotten it to crash so far. As i mentioned already, it works even when entering "mytv" section and the refresh rate needs to be adjusted. If you have problems with mytv, perhaps you should just set up your system so that your default refresh rate is the same one that your TV channels use.. this way there's no need to adjust the RR when entering mytv, only when watching movies.

Personally i would probabaly like this plugin better if it didn't have this concept of "deafult RR" and only adjusted RR when needed. Now when your default RR is 50Hz and you watch a 24Hz movie, it changes the RR to 48HZ and then when you exit the movie, it changes it back to 50. Most of my files are 24Hz and tv is 25Hz, so i will probably start using 48 as default, but i also have some files and a few tv series with 25Hz frame rate and it seems a little unnecessary that if i wish to watch many 25Hz episodes in a row it has to change the RR back and forth.

btw.. does anybody know if this constant "resyncing" does damage to my projector? probabaly a stupid Q, but you never know..

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This plugin seems to be working with me.. I'm using the newest tv engine and a few day old MP SVN. It works at least with AVIs, MKVs, DVDs and even TV, and i haven't gotten it to crash so far. As i mentioned already, it works even when entering "mytv" section and the refresh rate needs to be adjusted. If you have problems with mytv, perhaps you should just set up your system so that your default refresh rate is the same one that your TV channels use.. this way there's no need to adjust the RR when entering mytv, only when watching movies.

Personally i would probabaly like this plugin better if it didn't have this concept of "deafult RR" and only adjusted RR when needed. Now when your default RR is 50Hz and you watch a 24Hz movie, it changes the RR to 48HZ and then when you exit the movie, it changes it back to 50. Most of my files are 24Hz and tv is 25Hz, so i will probably start using 48 as default, but i also have some files and a few tv series with 25Hz frame rate and it seems a little unnecessary that if i wish to watch many 25Hz episodes in a row it has to change the RR back and forth.

btw.. does anybody know if this constant "resyncing" does damage to my projector? probabaly a stupid Q, but you never know..

What version of the plugin are you using? From where did you download it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom