[solved] Remote functions not working accurately. (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good to know that USB-UIRT hardware is more or less working with HID handler.
    Do post some logs about your remaining volume button problem.
    Does the volume button work fine when MP is not running?
    Does the system volume actually goes all the way up when pushing your volume button just once?
    Do you get that problem only when holding down the button?

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Team!
    Some Good News. I am running a USB-UIRT unit by Jonathan Rhees. This USB-UIRT unit has an external IR blaster taped to the front of my Comcast STB in order to change the channels as needed. In the USB-UIRT settings pages of MP1-Configuration, I modified the following settings:
    - Use your remote to control MediaPortal is to be CHECKED.
    - Repeat wait ms: from 300 (default) to 1000
    - Repeat delay ms: from 100 (default) to 500.
    - Go into "Learn MediPortal command". A pop-up window will appear. Make sure that "STEP FORWARD" and "STEP BACK" are CHECKED.

Everything is working now... except the keyboard volume up and volume down features. Just like before, press it once and it continuously runs that command. The keyboard mute key appears to be working at this time. I will run some tests. The log files are attached if they can help you.

I have a new question that has been present since I installed MP1. At the opening screen (Home), there are six pop-up windows. I have to navigate through them using ONLY my keyboard arrow keys and the ENTER button. When I use my mouse, it does not like it. For example, using the keyboard arrow keys, I navigate to "TV", then another window pop-up with "TV-Recordings-TV Guide-Scheduled recordings- Search TV Guide" options appear. If I navigate with my mouse, this second pop-up window disappears. I can only use my keyboard arrow keys and keyboard ENTER key to select the option I want (for example "Recordings" to watch a recorded TV show.) Is this behavior normal for MP1? Why am I not allowed to use my mouse?

If you need anything else for me to send you, please feel free to drop me a line. Thanks again! djm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

I have a new question that has been present since I installed MP1.
    Is this behavior normal for MP1? Why am I not allowed to use my mouse?
    You're seeing that behaviour because the Titan skin which you're using is not designed/intended to be used with a mouse.
    The solution is simple: use a different skin.
    The DefaultWide skin - which also comes pre-installed with MediaPortal - works fine with a mouse.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...diaPortal_Configuration/13_GUI#Skin_Selection

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    1. Thank you for the advice on the Skins. The Default skin is working great with the mouse functionality now.
    2. Now that I changed the skin, the keyboard functions for the VOLUME UP/VOLUME DOWN are still not working. I thought I would let you know since many variables have been altered.
    3. The TV Guide in the new skin will not let me utilize the genre color coding. I have the colors active and CHECKED. (See attached screenshots.) As you can see in the TV Guide, "Dinner for Schmucks" and "Paranormal Activity 2" should have been posted in RED. Everything is showing the in the "DEFAULT" color selections. I thought maybe I need to "reload" the TV Guide data from Schedules Direct, but I could not figure out how to delete the data and let Schedules Direct automatically import it again.
    4. Also I recently activated the Plug-in "Logo Manager" for the TV Channels to appear rather than the generic graphic also seen in the TV Guide screen shot. I waited an hour for download. I stopped the TV Service feature (in SERVICES) and restarted it. These tasks did not do anything. Still have the generic logo and no color coding.

Attachments

• MP TV Guide.jpg
      MP TV Guide.jpg
      194.2 KB
    • Skin Config 2.jpg
      Skin Config 2.jpg
      211 KB
    • Skin Config 1.jpg
      Skin Config 1.jpg
      173.8 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. Thank you for the advice on the Skins. The Default skin is working great with the mouse functionality now.
    2. Now that I changed the skin, the keyboard functions for he VOLUME UP/VOLUME DOWN are still now working. I thought I would let you know since many variables have been altered.
    Good and okay. :)

3. The TV Guide in the new skin...
    Please check that you've enabled colour coding:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/13_GUI#TV_guide

The setting may have been reset after you changed skin.

4. Also I recently activated the Plug-in "Logo Manager" for the TV Channels to appear rather than the generic graphic also seen I the TV Guide screen shot. I waited an hour for download. I stopped the TV Service feature (in SERVICES) and restarted it. These tasks did not do anything.
    This thread is going a bit off-topic. Sorry I can't help you with the LogoManager plugin.

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you for that link, but I did already review that one and it did not provide any information to help fix this problem. Please take a look at the screen shots in my previous comment. Maybe that might help you. It is everything your link suggested I do. (I will review the forum for the Logo Manager plug-in. If no info is available, I will open up a new thread.)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you previously had colour coding working, or are you trying to get it working now for the first time?

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Yes. The color coding did work in the original skin (Titan). That's why I was thinking of deleting the Schedules Direct data and let it re-load (refresh) itself.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. You're welcome to delete and reload/refresh the SD data. I'm not sure that it will help, but there's no harm in trying it. To do that:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Navigate to the "manual control" section.
    3. Click "refresh DVB EPG" (this deletes all the guide data).
    4. Expand the "plugins" section in the left pane.
    5. Navigate to the SD plugin.
    6. Go to the "advanced options" tab.
    7. Tick "force guide update on next TvService startup".
    8. Navigate back to the "manual control" section.
    9. Click "stop service"... wait... then click "start service".
    Reloading the guide data will take some time, so please be patient.

If that doesn't help, my advice would be to check your guide category configuration in TV Server configuration:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/EPG_Genre_Map

It is possible that the programs you're looking at reference new/different program genre/category names that you haven't yet mapped.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    E2 is mute.
    E9 is volume increment.
    EA is volume decrement.

It looks like you keep pushing down mute for some reason. Did you do that?
    What did you set in your configuration Repeat delay and speed? (see below screenshot)
    Did you provide answers to the questions I was asking above in #11.

upload_2015-10-26_17-1-59.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom