[solved] Remote functions not working accurately. (3 Viewers)

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
September 14, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Which files do you want? Attached is a screen shot of all the XML files in the Team MediaPortal folder. Please let me know specifically which XMLTV files you want me to send you.

Attachments

• XML File List.jpg
    XML File List.jpg
    222.2 KB
Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've opened a JIRA ticket about that volume control issue.
    @Donald J. Michaud I'll try provide you with a custom build you could test to see if it fixes your volume problem.

As a side note: you may want to keep your forum threads focus on a single topic. It makes our lives so much easier :)

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Stephane:
    Thank you for working on a fix for the VOLUME UP / VOLUME DOWN problem. The keyboard is now working (excluding the MUTE key). However, the remote control is now NOT working. None of the remote control keys are working. Do you think that is a simple re-mapping issue? I really did not do any re-mapping to make my MCE remote work. I checked the box in the HID Remote section, and that was essentially it.

The keyboard MUTE button needs to recoded with whatever you did for the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.

For the "TV Guide Color-coding by genre" problem, please tell how you would like me to handle that. If you want me to open up a new thread to track that problem, I will. I will handle it however you want.

Thanks!! djm

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks like HID and USB-UIRT are not playing well together. I'm thinking our UIRT implementation is weak or UIRT itself is dodgy, maybe a bit of both.

Try disabling HID and using 'Media' instead. See if that works better for you.

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    It did not like that. I received the following pop-up error:
    upload_2015-11-1_9-11-21.png

I would like to return to the original MP1 version. Is there a way to restore MP1 version 1.12 ? (I failed to create a Windows Restore Point.) I would like to try a different video/audio driver on my PC that might the conflict that caused the original problem with the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's unlikely the issue is caused by your video/audio driver. I think HID and UIRT are not playing well together. Try HID without UIRT and see if your keyboard works fine.

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Here is an interesting twist. I was able to roll-back my computer prior to the Beta installation. (I did not see your #38 entry about just re-installing MP 1.12) I needed to re-install a Windows patch to get it back to full up-to-date condition. Now that everything is up-to-date with Windows, MP1 is working perfectly (excluding the TV Guide color-coding). The remote control and the multi-media keyboard are working perfectly. I cannot explain it. I will run more tests, but everything appears to be working.

I will open another thread about the TV Guide color-coding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom