[solved] Remote functions not working accurately. (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It looks like Donald also has/had IRSS installed with the MP plugins enabled at the same time as enabling the USB-UIRT receiver in MP configuration. IRSS and MediaPortal could be fighting for control of the USB-UIRT. I'd suggest to enable/use only one or the other...

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have gone through all of the settings. What appears to have fixed the problem is the HID remote being turned off and the Media settings all being turn on. I am running with MP version 1.12. djm

Alan D

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2016
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Donald,

I had a similar problem, actually the opposite, my Keyboard worked fine, but it was my Microsoft remote that didn’t, the remote would go from full volume to zero volume and vice versa with no stops in between, and I was pulling my hair out (well I would have if I had enough to get a hold of) and had just turned to the forum community to try to find a solution, when I came across your post, and un-checking the HID and in my case I now have nothing checked anywhere in Remotes, and it is working perfectly, so thanks to everyone who were trying to solve the problem, but it was the last post by Donald that I tried, I would never have tried that, well not for a long time anyway.

One more problem to try and find an answer for and I will have the perfect setup, so thank all.

Alan D

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2016
    Home Country
    Sorry folks, I jumped the gun, yes it cured the volume problem, BUT stopped a lot of the other controls from working, so back to letting my hair grow so that I can start pulling it out again.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Sorry folks, I jumped the gun, yes it cured the volume problem, BUT stopped a lot of the other controls from working, so back to letting my hair grow so that I can start pulling it out again.
    What make of remote do you have? Was it supplied with its own infrared receiver? There are some remotes that look almost identical to the "Microsoft MCE" remote, but which are not 100% compatible. :(

Can you post a photograph of your remote and receiver? Alternatively, add a link to an existing photo on t'internet.

Actually, it might help if you added details of your complete system, so that others can see it under "Show System Specs" when the mouse pointer hovers over your screen name on the left. (y)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

As @CyberSimian said you may want to create a new thread describing your setup and the problems that you are having so that the community can help you out.

Alan D

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2016
    Home Country
    Thank you for picking up my post, I wasn’t expecting any reply, my initial post was a thank you, then a post to correct my stupidity in not checking everything before posting.

As @Stéphane Lenclud has suggested I will start a new thread about my problem on the forum.

And then if possible, place a link to it from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom