SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all!

Ive been using this and moving pictures for ages and im tired of having to manually go in and change search strings over and over. Is there a way to rename files inside the MP TVSeries config like u can in Moving Pictures?

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using Mediarenamer (thread somewhere here in the forum) and i'm very pleased with it.what are you using for movies? ember media manager? is there a better way for movies? (sorry for OT but nearly the same issue :) )

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im using theRenamer (http://www.therenamer.com/)
    after some manual renaming of files to their correct seriesnumber/episode number it works fine...
    Other random files that dont match ive moved all to another folder so the vidoe db doesnt scan them

EDIT: this is so that MP TVSeries plugin works well, not the internal video db

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seriesrenamer and Mediarenamer both look very promising.
    I've only tested FileBot and theRenamer (and a couple of other tools not worth mentioning here). I gave up on theRenamer cause I didn't like the interface and couldn't get it to work as expected.

Other random files that dont match ive moved all to another folder so the vidoe db doesnt scan them
    I think this is a good move either way. I've got several shares for series, movies, homevideos, testing stuff.
    This way you can give any plugin the sources it needs.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    pretty much any half ass scraper you don't need to rename files, but scrapers don't place downloads in correct directories. also some people like to have their files nicely named with identical format. renamers can also be set to auto mode, auto unzip, auto download subtitles, auto move files + rename them, auto delete .nfo files and .txt files etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Dropping Episodes DE
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in French), season 20 only displays the first 3 episodes, I couldn't find any difference in the file names between these first 3 episodes and the following ones except for the episode number of course. By going...
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in...
    Hi all, this seems to be a bit of a follow up on an issue I was having a couple of years ago. That issue just seemed to resolve...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select another. Moving Pictures scales down the high res pictures and shrinks the filesize as well so I can't just go to fanart or themoviedb and get the images without doing some extra work to get the file right...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom