Required Windows Services (1 Viewer)

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

Does anyone have a list of the required windows services that are needed for MP to have full functionality, so that I can stop all the other services so windows starts faster.

Thanks.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yes,

only MP plus network

Dcom server
    DHCP
    DNS
    Eventlog
    HID input (MCE remote)
    Network connections
    RPC
    Plug and Play
    Server
    Task Schedular (only for task scheduled, like tv guide)
    Windows Audio
    Workstation

I have no tv card but do use tvguide and for me everything works with these services

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    This is not entirely going to work out as you think. The days of thinking that Windows has a load of useless bloatware are gone. Black Viper (guy who setup a site detailing windows 'tweaks') was a fool who conned a load of people into thinking they were improving their setup, whereas actually they were retarding it.

Take a read here: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPMyths.html

Then here: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html

It will help you make the right choices about how you customise your XP install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 No TV Service DE
    Looking at recent activity on the web site, it has been 4 weeks since any of the MP2 developers have been active. They may be taking a short (or an extended) break. For this reason I would suggest that you uninstall MP2 and re-install MP1. The 1.33 version is recommended (in either the 32-bit or 64-bit version). Also, it is pretty...
    Looking at recent activity on the web site, it has been 4 weeks since any of the MP2 developers have been active. They may be...
    Hi, I've recently installed Media Portal 2, having first removed an older version of MP1, but am having issues with live TV. It...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do something, but it would be 10's of seconds before the action happened. Doing an Alt-Tab would flush the actions. Too weird lol!! So, with some flak from the family, I had to give in. I just did a...
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do...
    So, this one has me quite stumped. Have tried ) and a few things - driver updates, kicking the box, threatening it with a static...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom