SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys
    Anyone have a way of resetting the default filters in the 'Movie Manager' tab (the ... menu is missing a couple)?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Guys
    Anyone have a way of resetting the default filters in the 'Movie Manager' tab (the ... menu is missing a couple)?

Under GUI Settings you have "Modify Filter Menu" button. There is no "reset" though that I know of, but you could backup your movingpictures.db3 database, and fire up a fresh copy and then extract the SQL table info needed on the filters, but might be easier to just manually re-add the filters you seek because that way you can ensure they do what you prefer by tweaking them slightly.

PS: If you use the "Define Movie Categories" button there is an "Edit Filter" for each category as well, and you can launch Moving-Pictures in category view mode, which is what I run mine at, so I have entries such as "Sci-Fi movies with 7+ rating" that have the corresponding filter settings on Genre and movie-score, or "Blockbusters" which looks for "Popularity" + "is greater than" + 1,000,000.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    That sounds like a pain just for a couple of simple filters - I'll recreate the ones I'm missing as you said - Thanks :)
    I too have a couple of custom filters - I have one that filters 'Partially Watched' on to a tile in the skin so I can go back to a movie when (inevitably) something interrupts my viewing pleasure!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That sounds like a pain just for a couple of simple filters - I'll recreate the ones I'm missing as you said - Thanks :)
    I too have a couple of custom filters - I have one that filters 'Partially Watched' on to a tile in the skin so I can go back to a movie when (inevitably) something interrupts my viewing pleasure!

The only Filter I use is switching between All/Unwatched, the rest are all category based, which obviously also use filters, but I don't use F9->Filters, I just navigate through my collection categories that I painstakingly created.

Got so many of them that some go 3-levels deep where the filters have like 7 entries.

They are easy to make, and only had to do it once. But that is why I've got like 5 backups of movingpictures.db3, because hell to the NO on wanting to redo ~10 years of tweaking :cool:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Yeah - I could see that being a complete PITA to redo!
    Mine's fairly simple:
    For the movies /movies/Movie name (YEAR)/Movie name (year) [edition].ext
    For the TV series /series name (year if applicable)/season xx/ series - SxxExx - title.ext
    The filters are all pretty much all I need...

Would like this though: Suggested Plugin

Users who are viewing this thread