Rework DeployTool (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The script does everything for you - compiles and builds the correct installer. This is all documented in the wiki, and is off-topic for this thread.

The only remaining question is whether we add a checkbox for 'keep settings' for a clean install. There are good reasons to keep a clean install clean, but also good reasons why someone might want to keep their settings. It becomes a problem for us if a user has issues as a result of keeping old and incompatible settings. However, this shouldn't really be an issue since MP can update most things.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The only remaining question is whether we add a checkbox for 'keep settings' for a clean install. There are good reasons to keep a clean install clean, but also good reasons why someone might want to keep their settings. It becomes a problem for us if a user has issues as a result of keeping old and incompatible settings. However, this shouldn't really be an issue since MP can update most things.

I will go to stay like current branch :)

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

I will go to stay like current branch :)

Then I think we should document the string changes for translation purposes, and merge this. Then we can move on! :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Just done a quick test of reinstall current version (1.4.0) and I get a dialog with 'Invalid File Handle 32' during install. I unselected Titan Extended and LAVF and selected 'use existing skin'. There is nothing at all in the logging.

I also have the PS++ branch merged, but this is a singleseat installation, so probably not connected.

The error appears to happen during the MP update rather than the TV plugin update.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just done a quick test of reinstall current version (1.4.0) and I get a dialog with 'Invalid File Handle 32' during install. I unselected Titan Extended and LAVF and selected 'use existing skin'. There is nothing at all in the logging.

I also have the PS++ branch merged, but this is a singleseat installation, so probably not connected.

The error appears to happen during the MP update rather than the TV plugin update.

I think i have see this message and i just retry and can't reproduce it, reinstall is like we start separate installer so it failed on FONT (maybe when font is already installed).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Mark can you try attached patch ? (Just to see if it solve the 'Invalid File Handle 32') :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom