Rework Video/Splitter Codec Section VC1/i VideoPlayer (1 Viewer)

80sman

Portal Pro
August 1, 2005
UK
@Sebastiii
I think hoborg is right. It could be some flaw in windows x64 or the system and/or folder rights. Since theres noone else with this
problem I wouldnt mind if hoborg doesnt do anything :)

I can think of an installer option like the SPDIF passthrough question like this:
Install Cyberlink 11 in another path (Could solve a problem with VC1)?
a) No (recommended)
b) Yes (c:/saf6)

This only applies to unlocked versions ...

I've also got this problem, again with win7 x64, vc-1 defaults to ffdshow everytime. Can you explain in basic terms how you fixed it, as I'm struggling. I'm using saf 6.03

Thanks

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    Yes.

Okay step-by-step guide:

1) Open a command box (cmd) with admin rights and navigate to %windir%\syswow64
    2) Open the explorer and navigate to %windir%\syswow64
    3) Open Graphstudio or GraphStudioNext and check if Cyberlink Video Decoder 11 is installed (Graph ->Insert Filter) and where (eg. C:\Windows\SysWoW64\)
    4) Back in the explorer windo: copy this two files on the desktop or anywhere else: CLCvd.ax and CLVsd.ax
    5) Back in the command box unregister this two files by typing: regsvr32 CLVsd.ax /u and regsvr32 CLCvd.ax /u
    6) In the explorer: delete the two files from %windir%%\syswow64
    7) In Graphstudio(Next) check if the Cyberlink codecs are installed (Graph ->Insert Filter) if not: good; if yes: open and close graphstudio(next) and check again
    7) in the command box: navigate to the path where you've backuped the two .ax files
    8) register them manually by typing: regsvr32 CLVsd.ax and regsvr32 CLCvd.ax
    9) in graphstudio: check if the Cyberlink Video Decoder is installed and where: the path should have changed to whereever you backuped your files to.
    10) if yes: you can raise the merrit but you dont have to .. try if MP uses Cyberlink Video Decoder 11 for VC1

Credits belong to Sebastiii who found out how to fix this. Thanks alot! Never got problems playing BD's anymore.

Edit: Please give a short feedback if it works or not. By now I'm the only one with this problem who got it solved this way.
    Maybe hoborg will change the way PDVD11 codec is installed in future versions of SAF6

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for the good explanation :)
    I hope it solve the issue for other user :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Edit: Please give a short feedback if it works or not. By now I'm the only one with this problem who got it solved this way.
    Maybe hoborg will change the way PDVD11 codec is installed in future versions of SAF6

Hmm, i am surprised it is working, becouse there is not only these two .ax files, but bunch of .dll too.
    Maybe bacouse they are in system folder, system found them.

BTW, if you have SAF installed, there is no reason to register the ax files by regsvr32.exe, just 2x click on them.

80sman

Portal Pro
    August 1, 2005
    UK
    Thanks for the info larsbln, unfortunately mp is now closing with an error when I try to play a movie. Not sure why. I'll have a play and see if I can get it back :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi.
    Here is a SAF test build - it will register PDVD decoder to the SAF/PDVD folder instead of system one. Please try if it will help.

BTW, if there are no dlls in the same folder as .ax files, decoder wont work, so i have no idea how larsbln guide suppose to work :)

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    Hi Hoborg,

its working with your test build right after install BUT only if the vc1dsse2.dll is in the PDVD folder too. Before I copied the file to the folder MP was defaulting to whatever codec has the highest merrit.
    You were right about the bunch of DLL's .. could you modify your test install to copy this dll in the PDVD
    folder too and I will test again.

TV and Video is working also ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom