Rework Video/Splitter Codec Section VC1/i VideoPlayer (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi Hoborg,

its working with your test build right after install BUT only if the vc1dsse2.dll is in the PDVD folder too.
You were right about the bunch of DLL's .. could you modify your test install to copy this dll in the PDVD
folder too and I will test again.

TV and Video is working also ..
Hmm, maybe is is not working only on AMD CPUs, becouse of missing vc1dsse2.dll :)
Good find!
EDIT:
This file is not part of latest PDVD11.
Are you sure it is correct one?
EDIT2:
vc1dsse2.dll is used to play VC-1 only in SW mode, it is not needed if DXVA is enabled.
But i will add it.
EDIT3:
Done!
Delete "606.zip" file and reinstall SAF.
But it doesnot do much sense to add another SW decoder, both VC-1i/p can be already decoded by FFDshow in SW mode (default SAF setting).

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    EDIT2:
    vc1dsse2.dll is used to play VC-1 only in SW mode, it is not needed if DXVA is enabled.
    But i will add it.

I thought about that, too and double checked that dxva is active and it was. Active or not .. without this file MP was defaulting to another codec ... Maybe PDVD Player has a hard coded routine so the file is not needed within the software player.

EDIT3:

Done!
    Delete "606.zip" file and reinstall SAF.
    But it doesnot do much sense to add another SW decoder, both VC-1i/p can be already decoded by FFDshow in SW mode (default SAF setting).

Thanks. I will test immediately. I do like FFdshow very much, but this is just about having a choice and make other codecs avaiable for
    playing.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    larsbln;
    It is possible, that PDVD by some reason fall back from HW decoder to SW one inside MePo?
    h.264 (LiveTV) is working fine, so registry are set correctly.
    That will explain why it doesnot work.
    But now it should play, at last in SW mode.

EDIT:
    OK, i can confirm this. VC-1 will fall back to SW decoding by some reason, but only in MePo.
    In Graphstudio/MPC-HC/NPVR, it is working fine.
    I renamed graphstudio to "MediaPortal.exe" and it is still working, so registry are set OK.
    Must be something in MePo - i have standard 1.2.2 here - does VC-1 need special version from this thread?

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    EDIT:
    OK, i can confirm this. VC-1 will fall back to SW decoding by some reason, but only in MePo.
    In Graphstudio/MPC-HC/NPVR, it is working fine.
    I renamed graphstudio to "MediaPortal.exe" and it is still working, so registry are set OK.
    Must be something in MePo - i have standard 1.2.2 here - does VC-1 need special version from this thread?

I was about to write the same right now .. PDVD is not using dxva in MP anymore. The build of this thread let's you choose what codec to use for vc1 or vc1i. As far as I understood it's just a bigger choice of formats in the codecs section.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Cyberlink failing to decode with HW under MP is not topic of this thread - it should be discussed with a separate thread. One reason for such failure is that GPU memory is too low for Cyberlink's decoder, other than that hard to say why it would fail.

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    Well I've tested this build now for a couple of weeks and it's working like it should. You have a better choice which codec is going to be used which I think is very useful for the video codec section. I hope this branch is going to be merged with the master :)

Thanks Sebastiii for sharing!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for your test :)
    I will update installer with a new version based on LAV rebuild work (Thanks Arion and Tourettes).
    Nevcairiel (LAV Author) add an interface to communicate between LAV and the player if the player implement the stuff.
    Seems working correctly on my side but we need testing :)

hoborg, you are right about automatic decoder, i have change the code and it works under Win7 but surely not under XP.
    I will see if i can add detection here and so both will work :)

I use MediaInfo to detect if vc1 is interlaced but it's actually work on first video stream (so when sample has 2 videostream it didn't work) so until i find an another way to detect it (this vc1i section will not work).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom