SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (5 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
October 21, 2008
Istanbul
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Suggestions please:

I have a Nvidia 8300 GPU (integrated graphics) driving hdmi @ 1080i 60P

I have loaded SAF 3.47 and MP 1.01

When playing recorded ATSC TV if I enable DXVA on the PowerDVD MPEG2 codec I get what I would describe as “judder” during pans and zooms the picture seems to not move fluidly, very small jumps. I have read about the refresh rate changer in 1.01 but I am not clear if this would impact ATSC broadcast TV as I thought all North America ATSC HD TV was 60HZ. Also my TV only lists 60 hz at 1080i or 720p so I am not sure how I could change it.

Processor is AMD 4850e running on an ASUS M3N78-EM. Nvidia 182.50 driver

Hi,

I had (and still have probably) the exact same problem. Can you confirm that your recorded files are 'avi' and encoded with 'H264' ?

If so, you can try them after putting them in mkv container with mkvtoolnix. Hopefully, this will solve your problem, as it did mine.

johan_80

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Is it possible to have ffdshow audio connected AFTER the MPC - MPA Decoder Filter.
I would like to have it for handling delays for my speakers.

It is possible in MPC-HD, WMP and VMC. I just set ffdshow to handle "RAW". But it will not load when using MediaPortal.

If it is possible, can I still choose wich audio render to use?

Wich codec is used fo FLAC?
How can I configure MediaPortal to use madFlac?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is it possible to have ffdshow audio connected AFTER the MPC - MPA Decoder Filter.
    I would like to have it for handling delays for my speakers.

Just use the ffdshow as audio codec and do not use MPA at all (its not any better than the ffdshow).

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi.
    Becouse of bug in h.264 software decoding in MPC-HC stand alone filter, no new SAF version will be released, until it will be fixed.

But i am working now on updated SW/HW detection:
    saf349b1.png

I would like to add 32/64 version and RAM amout detection (but no idea how to obtain such information)

If you want to help, please download SAF 3.49beta and post the same screen here.
    This beta is only for detection test, it wont install/update anything.

Thanks.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

I'm using latest SAF through my HDMI graphics Adapter - Everything almost works perfect except one thing.

My Menu sound is generating HDMI handshaking(HDCP) every time i browse up and down in the menu.

This is because the small wav's being played in the Bluetwo skin.

Has this issue something to do with the SAF codec? Or is it a driver issue.

Has raised this as an bug in MP 1.01: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-handshake-problem-menu-58288/?highlight=hdcp

Untill now I have fixed by disabling sound effects in the menu - If you have any other soultion or idea to test, please let me know.

/Morten

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi

I'm using latest SAF through my HDMI graphics Adapter - Everything almost works perfect except one thing.

My Menu sound is generating HDMI handshaking(HDCP) every time i browse up and down in the menu.

This is because the small wav's being played in the Bluetwo skin.

Has this issue something to do with the SAF codec? Or is it a driver issue.

Has raised this as an bug in MP 1.01: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-handshake-problem-menu-58288/?highlight=hdcp

Untill now I have fixed by disabling sound effects in the menu - If you have any other soultion or idea to test, please let me know.

/Morten

You are right, this have nothing to do with SAF.

Ma2xx

Portal Member
    March 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi hoborg,
    thank you for SAF and the very good description at the top of this thread. Everything works fine but I have nevertheless some questions:

1. I like to use the PlugIn onlinevideos with my MP and installed SAF. But on some videos there is a problem with a missing audio codec and the video can't play. After my question to offbyone (the author) he give me this description. Please can you verify this problem with an installed SAF only system. Maybe you can find a solution inside SAF or your selection of splitter and codecs.

2. In your next SAF release you implement an VMR9 check before the installation starts. Please keep in mind, that this check could fail with on a installation via Remotedesktop.

:D Ma2xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom