SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just one small question: You said that DXVA does not work with subtitles right? But you mean external subtitles (.srt files for example) or DXVA is disabled even with internal .MKV subtitles?

When ANY subtitle is generated it will kill DXVA regardless of internal or external. At least that is my understanding.

This issues has been solved and will be included in the next release of MP, v1.0.2.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...48/integration-mpc-hc-subtitles-engine-54130/

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Suggestions please:

I have a Nvidia 8300 GPU (integrated graphics) driving hdmi @ 1080i 60P

I have loaded SAF 3.47 and MP 1.01

When playing recorded ATSC TV if I enable DXVA on the PowerDVD MPEG2 codec I get what I would describe as “judder” during pans and zooms the picture seems to not move fluidly, very small jumps. I have read about the refresh rate changer in 1.01 but I am not clear if this would impact ATSC broadcast TV as I thought all North America ATSC HD TV was 60HZ. Also my TV only lists 60 hz at 1080i or 720p so I am not sure how I could change it.

Processor is AMD 4850e running on an ASUS M3N78-EM. Nvidia 182.50 driver

Hi,

I had (and still have probably) the exact same problem. Can you confirm that your recorded files are 'avi' and encoded with 'H264' ?

If so, you can try them after putting them in mkv container with mkvtoolnix. Hopefully, this will solve your problem, as it did mine.

Ummm please bear with me, I have never looked for or changed what fromat my files are encoded in, where is this set and what am i looking for?

toby77jo

Portal Member
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It would be nice if next release is a complete standalone codec pack to handle all formats, mkv, mov, ac3, youtube, appletrailers etc etc..

Installing 3.48, quiktime source filter, still complains about AUDIO: and does not play.

I tried all possible ways, full quiktime install, quiktime alternative 2.8, they play fine from ie but not within mediaportal, yes the extension .mov is there. I eve got youtube to work, but no quiktime so far.

yvos

Portal Member
    November 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I just deinstalled all my codecs and installed the latest SAF 3.47 (also tried 3.48) somehow I can not play my ripped dvd's. It gives me an error telling me it can not play mpeg-2v. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Yuri

**Update**
    Fixed the problem. There where some left overs from Powerdvd in the registry. After deleting all registry keys related to cyberlink and reinstalling SAF everything works just fine!

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It would be nice if next release is a complete standalone codec pack to handle all formats, mkv, mov, ac3, youtube, appletrailers etc etc..

Installing 3.48, quiktime source filter, still complains about AUDIO: and does not play.

I tried all possible ways, full quiktime install, quiktime alternative 2.8, they play fine from ie but not within mediaportal, yes the extension .mov is there. I eve got youtube to work, but no quiktime so far.

I tried all kinds of things to get QT audio to play in MP. The only thing that helped me was installing Nero 7 Essentials (OEM), which I got for free with a new DVD drive.

davey78

April 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi, I recently installed media portal 1.0.1.0 and SAF with no other codecs, and cant play streaming radio through the my radio console. I installed the sky fm and soma fm plugins, and when I try to play them I get an error message that says "audio codec:" and is blank after that. Has anyone found a way around this, or know what I need to install to get it working?
    Thanks

toby77jo

Portal Member
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    This worked for me:

1 I downloaded Media Player Classic Homecinema latest svn 1st May 2009 (standalone codecs only): XvidVideo.RU - MPC HomeCinema (x86/x64)

2 I registered manually the MPC codecs needed and flv splitter etc.

3 I installed QuickTime 7.6

4 Install MediaLooks QuickTime directshow source filter

5 Configure MediaPortal to use only MPC codecs

QuickTime trailers work
    Youtube works
    MKV and the rest as well

XvidVideo.RU

quicklink to latest standalone filters

kalinium1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi Hoborg,

First thanks for this codec pack, it's brilliant!

Is there a way of adding post processing effects like sharpen or resize with ffdshow or any other codec, without breaking dxva?
    If I choose post-processing with ffdshow, TV picture becomes jumpy, and I can't fix it using ffdshow's de-interlacing options.
    I really need sharpen and other effects to improve live tv pic....

Thanks!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is there a way of adding post processing effects like sharpen or resize with ffdshow or any other codec, without breaking dxva?

No, as the video codec needs to be the last filter in the directshow chain before the video render. Otherwise you will always get no DXVA.

So, until ffdshow implements HW acceleration it wont be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom