SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Here it is, SAF 4.00 beta01 introducing FFDshow integration

SAF 4.00 beta01
    also includes new MPC-HC decoder with completly reworked DXVA handling.

Hi Hoborg

just for curiosity, have you managed to try this combination under windows 7 (or someone did)? I'm still no able to use MPC-HC codec together with haali under windows 7 RC.

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is usefull for people that have a TV that doesnt support 24p. Mine does, so I use Automatic Refreshrate Changer to set the pc to 24hz. This way 24p signal gets sent to the TV and no interpolation is needed.
    But for people without that capable TV, this is an option.

I slightly disagree, motionflow is designed to make 24p look better by interpolating extra average frames to try and smooth out the video, the more expensive 24p displays have motion flow to 100-200hz. It's not about fps - Hz mismatch it's about 24fps being quite a low frame rate. However i have read that movies generally look better without motionflow because of blurring and/or potential artifacts when the tv gets the interpolation wrong.

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France

SAF 4.00 beta01

Hi Hoborg

just for curiosity, have you managed to try this combination under windows 7 (or someone did)? I'm still no able to use MPC-HC codec together with haali under windows 7 RC.

Thanks

Yes it works perfectly here, i even already had FFDSHOW and MPC HC working together.

@hoborg
    I will try it tonight on win7.

Thanks a lot

By the way where do you find the latest MPC HC codecs?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

SAF 4.00 beta01

Hi Hoborg

Thanks

As i wrote before, i tested SAF on Win7 x64 RTM (7600.16385.090713-1255_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate) version without any troubles on first try. Then my new SSD died and i still waiting for new unit.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

SAF 4.00 beta01

Hi Hoborg

Thanks

Yes it works perfectly here, i even already had FFDSHOW and MPC HC working together.

@hoborg

Thanks a lot

But have you already tried under windows 7? (is under windows 7 RC that does not work). I'm also intrested in trying new MPC-HC codecs.

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Hoborg

Thanks

@hoborg

Thanks a lot

But have you already tried under windows 7? (is under windows 7 RC that does not work). I'm also intrested in trying new MPC-HC codecs.
    Yes i did, i use it everyday on win6 64bit.
    Will give report on success with latest drivers tomorrow

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    As i wrote before, i tested SAF on Win7 x64 RTM version without any troubles on first try. Then my new SSD died and i still waiting for new unit.

Probably works because you've tested it with the x64 version of haali media splitter. I have problem with the x86 version of haali and MPC-HC codec, as explained by PM.

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    As i wrote before, i tested SAF on Win7 x64 RTM version without any troubles on first try. Then my new SSD died and i still waiting for new unit.

Probably works because you've tested it with the x64 version of haali media splitter. I have problem with the x86 version of haali and MPC-HC codec, as explained by PM.

Works perfectly here with all 32bit versions. In fact as long as MP is built in 32bit we are obliged to use 32bit version of codecs

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Works perfectly here with all 32bit versions. In fact as long as MP is built in 32bit we are obliged to use 32bit version of codecs

Sorry if I ask again but have you used the matroskasplitter at this page? Haali Media Splitter that is the 32 bit one?

Because if I use this splitter and MPC-HC codec (the last one or SVN 1043) I'm able to reproduce only one .mkv video cause haali is not disposed (the haali icon remains in tray).

If yes I have to install the RTM o windows 7 too :)

Roby

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom