SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Hoborg :D for the quick reply! I only have flash10c.ocx so that's probably some newer version which is why SAF is not detecting it...

Also just another question. I got the CLVsd.ax as described in your start post but SAF (latest beta) tells me it's outdated. Where to get the latest? Is it only available in the retail version for the time being maybe?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hey Hoborg :D for the quick reply! I only have flash10c.ocx so that's probably some newer version which is why SAF is not detecting it...

Also just another question. I got the CLVsd.ax as described in your start post but SAF (latest beta) tells me it's outdated. Where to get the latest? Is it only available in the retail version for the time being maybe?

flash10c.ocx? Wierd...

Check PM.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
:D hoborg I will try the method you PMed.

Yeah double checked it's called flash10c.ocx and there's no flash10b.ocx.
Again I know that when you install flash developer suite you install a developer version of flash. You get for example a lot of debugging stuff with it. Might explain the flash10c.ocx

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Yeah double checked it's called flash10c.ocx and there's no flash10b.ocx.
Again I know that when you install flash developer suite you install a developer version of flash. You get for example a lot of debugging stuff with it. Might explain the flash10c.ocx

OK, i will add support in to new SAF version.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hoborg: Does your FFDShow integration cause any problems with onlinevideos/mytrailers... specifically my trailers -> apple trailers? My FFDShow audio integration caused problems, i thought i fixed it, but viewing trailers again today i get audio codec error.

FFDShow audio is disabled by default SAF installation

I think if you get only "Audio codec:" message, there is broken link.
    May be apple change website?

Direct MOV link only open apple web site, istead of start playback.

not so sure about that because it happened with ffdshow and it previously was fixed with ffdshow uninstall. i hope that your integration works fine with ffdshow audio + apple trailers.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hoborg: Does your FFDShow integration cause any problems with onlinevideos/mytrailers... specifically my trailers -> apple trailers? My FFDShow audio integration caused problems, i thought i fixed it, but viewing trailers again today i get audio codec error.

FFDShow audio is disabled by default SAF installation

I think if you get only "Audio codec:" message, there is broken link.
    May be apple change website?

Direct MOV link only open apple web site, istead of start playback.

not so sure about that because it happened with ffdshow and it previously was fixed with ffdshow uninstall. i hope that your integration works fine with ffdshow audio + apple trailers.

Again, FFDshow audio is not in use until you enable it. Check online video thread, more users report broken apple trailers.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it's definitely not expired link.

Message is
    Code:
    Unable to play: thelovelybones_h320.mov
    Audio Codec:

The audio codec is blank.
    FFDshow is enabled, in that i mean all the ffdshow filters are enabled.
    Maybe i need ffdshow tryouts instead, i'm using latest ffdshow32 stable build.

i might just try with your beta instead.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    it's definitely not expired link.

Message is
    Code:
    Unable to play: thelovelybones_h320.mov
    Audio Codec:

The audio codec is blank.
    FFDshow is enabled, in that i mean all the ffdshow filters are enabled.
    Maybe i need ffdshow tryouts instead, i'm using latest ffdshow32 stable build.

i might just try with your beta instead.

Sorry, but you are wrong.
    There is only one ffdshow decoder for audio/video (using same file). If you check ffd audio settings, all is disabled, MPA decoder is in use.
    Messenging system is not correct, you will get "Unable to play: xyz Audio Codec:" every time when link is broken. If link is ok, MP read media info from media and display video+audio codecs, like Video: xvid Audio: mp3.
    Apple simply changed thier web site, and plugin need to be updated too, that is all.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I meant i had gone into ffdshow audio settings and enabled all codecs.

EDIT:

Restored --> Still same audio codec blank error for onlinevideos / mytrailers
    Went to apple trailers website -> Tells me i need to install quicktime
    Reinstalled Mediaworks quicktime dshow filter -> Still same audio codec blank error
    Went to apple trailers website -> Tells me i need to install quicktime
    Tried Quicktime alternative 290 -> Onlinevideos / Mytrailers now working
    Went to apple trailers website -> Trailers now working

Not sure why Mediaworks isn't working for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom