SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
Probably works because you've tested it with the x64 version of haali media splitter. I have problem with the x86 version of haali and MPC-HC codec, as explained by PM.

Works perfectly here with all 32bit versions. In fact as long as MP is built in 32bit we are obliged to use 32bit version of codecs

Sorry if I ask again but have you used the matroskasplitter at this page? Haali Media Splitter that is the 32 bit one?

Because if I use this splitter and MPC-HC codec (the last one or SVN 1043) I'm able to reproduce only one .mkv video cause haali is not disposed (the haali icon remains in tray).

If yes I have to install the RTM o windows 7 too :)

Roby
Yes i use the matroskasplitter you pointed out.
I never faced the problem you are reporting. What i am facing though is ac3filter not being disposed. But it doesnt seem to be a problem.
And by the way i dont have the RTM just the RC!

@hoborg: have you thought about adding ac3filter for people using spdif? Mpc audio and ffdshow audio never worked correctly for me. With ac3filter everything is perfect.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes i use the matroskasplitter you pointed out.
    I never faced the problem you are reporting. What i am facing though is ac3filter not being disposed. But it doesnt seem to be a problem.
    And by the way i dont have the RTM just the RC!

@hoborg: have you thought about adding ac3filter for people using spdif? Mpc audio and ffdshow audio never worked correctly for me. With ac3filter everything is perfect.

I will try to install the x64 version of windows 7 and see...

By the way I agree that ac3filter is the best choice for doing spdif passthrough...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ditto ac3filter seems to fix some video problems, don't see why tho as it's just used for passthrough doesn't really do anything else and the other codecs support pass through too.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I slightly disagree, motionflow is designed to make 24p look better by interpolating extra average frames to try and smooth out the video, the more expensive 24p displays have motion flow to 100-200hz. It's not about fps - Hz mismatch it's about 24fps being quite a low frame rate. However i have read that movies generally look better without motionflow because of blurring and/or potential artifacts when the tv gets the interpolation wrong.
    This is a bit off-topic, but here it is nevertheless...

I think this topic is subjective. Motionflow kind of things or other buzzwords like 100hz or 200hz or 400hz.. (whatever) is just marketing doing its job. If you have i.e. two frames with a football flying through the air from on side to another, the fancy motionflow thing makes up (interpolates) an average frame in between. The result is not a extra frame with a round ball (we know a ball should be round), but it is now an oval ball. This is (in my opinion) a bad thing quality wise. The "feel" is indeed more fluid and in slow scenes it is nice, but the image is wrong with fast moving scenes. This is (in my opinion) a fundamental flaw of this technique.
    But ofcourse, this does not say anything about what people like to see more. A taste thing.
    :)

On-topic;
    I would like to use AC3Filter for SPDIF as well. I have never had problems with it. I have always used it as post procesing and its flawless for me. (atleast Im not aware of problems.)

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    Just a note on Windows 7: I've been running it for a month with SAF3.49 through SAF4.00 and have not experienced any issues using the MPC-HC codecs and AC3Filter (I don't use Cyberlink or FFDShow).

Hoborg - I did notice some issues with DVD playback using the Gabest decoder but it's only if I use the internal MP DVD engine..

I actually have DVD disabled normally and use the Arcsoft plugin because Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 3 supports HDDVD, Blu-Ray, and normal DVD's.. so having the Gabest MPEG2 decoder selected for TV is perfect for me :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hoborg: Does your FFDShow integration cause any problems with onlinevideos/mytrailers... specifically my trailers -> apple trailers? My FFDShow audio integration caused problems, i thought i fixed it, but viewing trailers again today i get audio codec error.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hoborg: Does your FFDShow integration cause any problems with onlinevideos/mytrailers... specifically my trailers -> apple trailers? My FFDShow audio integration caused problems, i thought i fixed it, but viewing trailers again today i get audio codec error.

FFDShow audio is disabled by default SAF installation

I think if you get only "Audio codec:" message, there is broken link.
    May be apple change website?

Direct MOV link only open apple web site, istead of start playback.

trylok

Portal Member
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

i can confirm the appletrailers problem. it is not working anymore since yesterday evening. I hope Onlinemovies is getting updated soon.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First of all thanks for this awesome pack!
    Maybe a noobs question but I have a weird issue which I can't seem to figure out on my own.

I have flashplayer installed for IE (and also ff but doesn;t matter I guess) but SAF tells me everytime I do not have it installed. Flash works just fine in IE and I run version 10,0,32,18 according to the flash site (which I visited with IE).
    On a sidenote as a flashdeveloper I do have the adobe suite installed overhere with flash in it. Could that be causing my issues? Also run IE8 if that matters on XP SP3

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    First of all thanks for this awesome pack!
    Maybe a noobs question but I have a weird issue which I can't seem to figure out on my own.

I have flashplayer installed for IE (and also ff but doesn;t matter I guess) but SAF tells me everytime I do not have it installed. Flash works just fine in IE and I run version 10,0,32,18 according to the flash site (which I visited with IE).
    On a sidenote as a flashdeveloper I do have the adobe suite installed overhere with flash in it. Could that be causing my issues? Also run IE8 if that matters on XP SP3

How it works:
    SAF is looking for "%WIN%\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx" file, if it is not there = not found.
    This path is autocreated by Flash install, there is no way how to change it.
    Check if file is here, or try search for Flash10b.ocx over your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom