SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (6 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
Hmm, both samples playing fine here, but i have no DXVA hardware here.
Try to remux whole video.

Here is next SAF 4.00beta06

Change LOG

I recreate autodownloader, so it should work everywhere - hope so.

hmm that's strange, I installed also on another pc and setup MP+saf same way, and I get exact same error on same files.
And it also has ati card+cat9.8.

They work fine in MPC-HC with same decoders + dvxa, I thought if it works in MPC-HC it should work with MP+SAF setup?

What does that error mean anyway, what would be causing it?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hmm, both samples playing fine here, but i have no DXVA hardware here.
Try to remux whole video.

Here is next SAF 4.00beta06

Change LOG

I recreate autodownloader, so it should work everywhere - hope so.

hmm that's strange, I installed also on another pc and setup MP+saf same way, and I get exact same error on same files.
And it also has ati card+cat9.8.

They work fine in MPC-HC with same decoders + dvxa, I thought if it works in MPC-HC it should work with MP+SAF setup?

What does that error mean anyway, what would be causing it?

For the begin, please send SAF + MP logs.
You can try to play them in GB-PVR too

WhyMe

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hello,
first excuse me for my poor english, i'm french ;)
i have an ATI HD3870 and catalyst 9.3
i've just registered clvasd.ax after dl last powerdvd trial version to test dxva on MPEG2.
bob deintrelacing with the gpu works ( gpu goes from 5% to 10% )
but i don't know if mpeg2 decoding use my gpu or my cpu.
explication : when i decode h264 with dxva, my card change his frequencies to uvd mode.
with this MPEG2 test, my card run frequencies from 2D mode in windowed and from 3D mode in MP Fullscreen.
is this normal that MPEG2 decoding not run frequencies in uvd mode ?

thanks for your answers.

publicENEMY

Portal Member
August 19, 2009
Hi hoborg. Great piece of stuff you got there. now i finally can use dxva for my hd movie collection.

By the way, did you know how can i have dxva with vc1(probably interlaced) with my nvidia graphics card(9600gt)? i have a ripped blue ray movie in m2ts encoded with vc1.

thanks.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi hoborg. Great piece of stuff you got there. now i finally can use dxva for my hd movie collection.

By the way, did you know how can i have dxva with vc1(probably interlaced) with my nvidia graphics card(9600gt)? i have a ripped blue ray movie in m2ts encoded with vc1.

thanks.

...and you are not able to play them?

DAx_dk

Portal Member
July 25, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello,
first excuse me for my poor english, i'm french ;)
i have an ATI HD3870 and catalyst 9.3
i've just registered clvasd.ax after dl last powerdvd trial version to test dxva on MPEG2.
bob deintrelacing with the gpu works ( gpu goes from 5% to 10% )
but i don't know if mpeg2 decoding use my gpu or my cpu.
explication : when i decode h264 with dxva, my card change his frequencies to uvd mode.
with this MPEG2 test, my card run frequencies from 2D mode in windowed and from 3D mode in MP Fullscreen.
is this normal that MPEG2 decoding not run frequencies in uvd mode ?

thanks for your answers.

uhmm, don't really know what's your problem is. Can you try to explain it in different way. Have no idea what you mean by "frequencies" in this context.

DAx

WhyMe

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Home Country
France France
I'm talking about gpu and memory frequencies

There a some frequencies modes on video cards : boot mode, 2d mode, 3d mode and uvd mode.

With h264 and dxva, card switch in uvd mode
With MPEG2 and dxva, card not switch in uvd mode so i don't know if MPEG2 is really decoded by gpu

DAx_dk

Portal Member
July 25, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm talking about gpu and memory frequencies

There a some frequencies modes on video cards : boot mode, 2d mode, 3d mode and uvd mode.

With h264 and dxva, card switch in uvd mode
With MPEG2 and dxva, card not switch in uvd mode so i don't know if MPEG2 is really decoded by gpu

ahh okay, now I got it :)

well you could try to disable MPC-HC DXVA. If you installed one of the later betas, there should be shortcut in your start menu under SAF.

Then monitor both your CPU and GPU.

Just a suggestion.

DAx

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Under windows 7 - it does not use FFDSHOW for XVID... in graphstudio there is always a Codec called: "Mpeg4s Decoder DMO"

WhyMe

Portal Member
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I think i found the problem :
    i've downloaded a .ts MPEG2 HD sample, and with it my card switch in uvd mode, so DXVA is running correctly !
    in MP fullscreen, same thing, card is running in uvd mode.
    but with a .ts from MP timeshifting, card not switch to uvd mode.

the difference between the files is mpeg2 profil : Main@High for MPEG2 HD sample and Main@Main for timeshifting file.
    i know profil is important in h264 files for dxva, i think it's the same thing fore mpeg2.

now, how put this @high profil in files created by timeshifting to get mpeg2 dxva support in the TV module ???

with full dxva support on my MP client, the card will run 90% of time in uvd mode ( so low frequencies, low voltage, low t°, low noise ) and 10% of time in 3D mode only when i launch a game !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom