SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Under windows 7 - it does not use FFDSHOW for XVID... in graphstudio there is always a Codec called: "Mpeg4s Decoder DMO"

Why are you installing SAF on windows 7? Windows 7 already has a lot of codecs (a lot of them supporting dxva), I see no reason to dump all that comes in windows package and then start using something completely different...

I guess your problem is because MS gives their codecs a high priority so they keep working even if people start messing with codec setup ;)
So I would suggest to see how it holds out without any codecs fiddling first. Then install proper codecs that are missing, not some codec pack or SAF (which I think is just not made for 7)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    joz
    for example:
    upscaling of divx / xvid content like ffdshow
    the quality of the DXVA Codecs is not as good as the powerdvd codecs are

Babdef

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    "Unable to play" when starting 2nd mkv

The first mkv I start work perfectly but when I try to start another mkv I always get the message "Unable to play:...". I have to exit MediaPortal and start it again and then I can watch another mkv, and so on.

Any ideas?

publicENEMY

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009
    Hi hoborg. Great piece of stuff you got there. now i finally can use dxva for my hd movie collection.

By the way, did you know how can i have dxva with vc1(probably interlaced) with my nvidia graphics card(9600gt)? i have a ripped blue ray movie in m2ts encoded with vc1.

thanks.

...and you are not able to play them?

I am able to play them. just not with dxva. i am using nvidia graphic card and afaik vc1 dxva is not possible with most codec i tried. heres hoping maybe you have the answer to "decoding vc1 in dxva with nvidia support".

thanks.

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Hello,

why xvid ou divx films are not viewable? I have just sound but no image. I strictly respected from scratch installation SAF 4 beta.

Thanks

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    I will post logs tomorrow.

Another question:
    How may i watch HD Channels (H264 with AC3+/DD+/E-AC3 audio)? I configure ffdshow in H264 codec but i have only sound but black screen.

Thanks

philippe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2006
    Lyon
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a MPEG4 codec supporting DXVA which works with SAF for HDTV ?

Thank's

Philippe

akiaki

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2008
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Great pack Hoborg, it finally got my h.264 sat tv working with pdvd 9 codec and sdtv with pdvd 8 codec. fast switching, no glitches, excellent, all around dxva acceleration.. But, as my 500 gig drive crashed with all my HD movies there I started redownloading them and found that I could play some of them only trough software decoders like CoreAVC and not pdvd 9 to get dxva working.. I found that they were encoded using 5.1 profile and that ATI in my case doesn't support hardware acceleration of that profile.. But, it does! I installed Power dvd 9 build 1530 and with that codec dxva is working on ALL my files!
    The bad thing is that it breaks HDTV.. But, reregistering your pdvd9 solved it as now it has two different codecs to choose from!
    So now, everything works great, except when I start the movie it starts streched even though it's not activated at all! I have zoom and normal active but it always starts streched.. any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom