SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hoborg:

Private mail is not working for me at the moment.
    4.00 beta 10 seems a real winner. Perfect playback on Win7 x64. SYSWOW64 was the solution for the reported small issue :D

B.t.w. Total DTS stuttering on S/PDIF when MPA selected but gone when ffdshow is the filter. Great.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi hoborg!

At the moment i have a lot of issues with DVD Playback. DVD Navigator is often broken, DVD (Disc) playback doesn't work an now "stretching" doesn't work! I attach logs, and a screenshot from "The Abyss"!

Best regards

Helios

Attachments

• Bild028.jpg
      Bild028.jpg
      29.6 KB
    • SAF-FiltersExport.reg.txt
      30.7 KB
    • Abyss.txt
      30.6 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Hoborg,

Re the audio problem, I've installed the AC3Filter lite and enable the video postprocessing as suggested. Output in the AC3Filter is set to S/Pdif and the Audio renderer is set to AC3filter. The problem still remains - I can't adjust the Volume. I get 100% output constantly.

This is the nature of SPDIF pass through. You don't get any volume decoding (as all the decoding is done by the home theatre receiver) hence no volume control. My guess is that as you can control volume in TV it is doing some decoding on the software/computer side. If you want volume control on the PC then don't use SPDIF passthrough.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Downloaded SAF 4.0 beta 10 / Installed *unlocked* version, will test tonight. I'm very excited because I feel like my codec setup is going to be lot cleaner from now on. Thanks hoborg for all that hard work.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EDIT

Nevermind, it is DVD (VOB), so no FFDshow related.

You are right, it's an VIDEO_TS Foder) but i am not sure, whether the issues, i have, are SAF or MP related! I think, the problems is, that sometimes DVD Playback in MP with Win/32 is broken!

Big Thanks for your work!

Helios

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    You can use latest SAF with old MP. Old SAF only install directvobsub, there is no other limitation i think.

OK, I might have got a bit confused. I thought the later versions of SAF relied on MPC-HC for subtitles, which wasn't supported until 1.1.0?? So subs still work with MP1.0.2 with latest SAF?

Nope, you will need to use MP patch if you want DXVA+subtitles or install directVobSub.

So I guess that's my point. I really don't want to patch Mediaportal in any way, and I think it is important to ensure SAF supports both what is considered the production stable version of Mediaportal as well as the latest and greatest code, even if there are things that don't quite work as perfectly as they should with respect to DXVA. I really think we need a version of SAF that gets vanilla MP 1.0.2 working as best it possibly can.

Sorry for sounding ultra conservative, and normally I'm not with these things, but nowadays WAF suffers when MP doesn't work right ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom