SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (6 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Hoborg. I'm hoping you can help me. I'm trying to play a .ts file in MediaPortal. I have SAF beta 10 installed with newest haali splitter. I'm running MP v1.0.2. When I try to play the file in Moving Pictures I get an error, unable to play file, then it lists vc-1 video and AC3 audio. I can play the file in MPC-HC and graphstudio says it's loading gabest splitter. I renamed the file to .mpg and the same error occurs in MP.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi Hoborg. I'm hoping you can help me. I'm trying to play a .ts file in MediaPortal. I have SAF beta 10 installed with newest haali splitter. I'm running MP v1.0.2. When I try to play the file in Moving Pictures I get an error, unable to play file, then it lists vc-1 video and AC3 audio. I can play the file in MPC-HC and graphstudio says it's loading gabest splitter. I renamed the file to .mpg and the same error occurs in MP.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

try rename to MKV/MP4 or mux to MKV by muxer in haali installation.

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Hoborg.
I'm not sure on this, but i think "DIVX/XVID and tons of other formats are decoded by FFDSHOW (SAF 4.xx)" broke views in MP like zoom, original, strech mode. When playing a mkv file they work, but not with divx/xivd.
Didn't provide logs as you could try it yourself to confirm this?

mckzoo

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
UK - Cheltenham
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Hoborg,

thanks for the help. I've managed to load SAF properly and it ...part deleted for copyright reasons.

Re the audio problem, I've installed the AC3Filter lite and enable the video postprocessing as suggested. Output in the AC3Filter is set to S/Pdif and the Audio renderer is set to AC3filter. The problem still remains - I can't adjust the Volume. I get 100% output constantly. When adjusting the vol i can see the on screen popup bars reduce to zero but the vol level doesn't alter from 100%. Mute has no effect. This problem is only with playing Videos. It works properly in TV.

I don't think this is a PassThrough problem as I am getting the S/Pdif output OK - It's purely the vol adjustment that doesn't function.

Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks

mckzoo

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Hoborg,

Would you be able to update the first post with instructions for using SAF with MP 1.0.2, specifically what is the last support release of SAF for 1.0.2. I'm not ready to take the plunge on my production system to 1.1.0 yet. Found a few niggling issues with 1.1.0 on my test system that I have not got to the bottom of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom