SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (5 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I have just installed the new beta and for the first time I'm having some trouble. There's no problem with getting the right codecs to kick in for the right material, so that's nice. As I have said before I use analog stereo out. TV with ffdshow audio works nicely, but for everything else (DVDs and HD-rips) I am just hearing one sound channel in my speakers. Playing a DVD I only hear the music, but no speech or anything else.

It's really strange because I have used both ffdshow audio and AC3Filter before without any problems, and I have never configured any of them very carefully. I can even get DVDs to use the MS audio codec instead, but that produces the same result! That makes me think that it isn't the codecs that are causing the problem. I have also set both AC3Filter and ffdshow to output stereo sound, but it didn't make any difference.

Logs are attached!

configure audio output (FFDshow + AC3 fiter) to use stereo output format.

in the new beta you have for ac3filter on the system tab
waveout as default. this causes wmv 5.1 output not to work properly

not true, Direct sound is set as default...

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
But I have done that, I wrote that in my previous post. Also, even when I managed to get it to use the Windows codec the problem persisted, so it's not a setting thing. I have reverted back to the RC.

In AC3Filter I can see the audio coming in, there's movement on every channel in the input. Output however is only showing activity in the middle of the bars. It doesn't make any difference when I set it to output stereo.

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
I have just installed the new beta and for the first time I'm having some trouble. There's no problem with getting the right codecs to kick in for the right material, so that's nice. As I have said before I use analog stereo out. TV with ffdshow audio works nicely, but for everything else (DVDs and HD-rips) I am just hearing one sound channel in my speakers. Playing a DVD I only hear the music, but no speech or anything else.

It's really strange because I have used both ffdshow audio and AC3Filter before without any problems, and I have never configured any of them very carefully. I can even get DVDs to use the MS audio codec instead, but that produces the same result! That makes me think that it isn't the codecs that are causing the problem. I have also set both AC3Filter and ffdshow to output stereo sound, but it didn't make any difference.

Logs are attached!

configure audio output (FFDshow + AC3 fiter) to use stereo output format.

in the new beta you have for ac3filter on the system tab
waveout as default. this causes wmv 5.1 output not to work properly

not true, Direct sound is set as default...

on my clean installation it wasnt and it was causing exactly the problem
as above is posted only rear speaker sound through front speakers and no speech

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK, that's interesting! I'll reinstall beta14 tomorrow and see if it makes any difference for me. It should be set to Direct Sound then right? What I don't get is why it wouldn't work even when I set ffdshow as audio codec, maybe AC3Filter was kicking in anyway.

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
OK, that's interesting! I'll reinstall beta14 tomorrow and see if it makes any difference for me. It should be set to Direct Sound then right? What I don't get is why it wouldn't work even when I set ffdshow as audio codec, maybe AC3Filter was kicking in anyway.

yes setting it to directsound solved my problem

m0use

Portal Pro
February 6, 2008
Hi Hoborg
Tanks for the awesome all in one solution for htpc.
I do have one suggestion though, could you set the installer so that one have the option not to install ac3 codec, dont really need it for anything the ffdshow troughput of spdif works just fine here for dolby digital and dts.

sndlogic

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Thanks Hoborg! I'll setup XP. What XP driver are you using? Do you have any sleep/standby issues under XP?

None at all but i had - my TV card was causing it, so i created MCE addon to fix such problems (it takes me weeks until i found the reason - TV card)

I am using 9.8 but 9.9 seems to be OK too

Also if I may ask...what build MP do you recommend? I know the last SVN of Alpha and all current Beta builds have DVD playing problems.

ellardoor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

on my clear system everything is ok so far. Done only a few tests.
    AC3 is working (pass through)
    Directsound was selected after installation.

Thanks for this

cellardoor

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    SAF 4.00beta15

changelog

introducting FFDshow MPEG-2 decoding for DVD's and i can say it is working really great for me!
    - CPU usage is around 30% on Intel Atom.
    - gama correction make black=black
    - navigation should work on all OS (XP+EVR hangs, use WMR9 on XP!)
    - use folder instead if ISO mounted by Daemon tools, woking better here.
    - remember to use any "OnTheFly" DVD decrypter if playing directly from DVD
    - deinterlacing using yadif is really good and GPU undependend
    - no macroblocking when jumping thrue video

So using FFDShow for DVD is now recomended!

Too bad FFDShow MPEG-2 decoder doesnot work for LiveTV in MP (MP TS reader failed to connect).
    It is working fine in GB-PVR...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom